Why become a member? ×

Bruce Thomas Profile

stewblack

I have found that many less expensive basses and guitars seem to have their pickups slightly off. It's a lot of work to correct properly and the results aren't really worth it. We'll see how mine is setup. I spoke with Bass Centre's US rep this morning and he put my order through after some lengthy issues with my bank and the 'flash fraud' issue between the US and the UK. Finally though we have an order in place!

13 hours ago, miles'tone said:

Did you find that the generic P bass pickguard fitted perfectly or was there some fettling needed?

Definite fettling: all new screwholes and had to reshape the 'collar' of the pickguard where it meets the neck butt. But the pickups were aligned...at least until I changed my mind and put the old guard back on! 

On 02/03/2023 at 01:28, Goochified said:

Meanwhile... what say you, Profilers?

Marsh Gooch aka Goochified

Welcome Marsh and sorry to hear about the spinal injury, best wishes on that. I've gigged my BT for years and love it, especially the satin neck and ebony board (which I only recently realised is a slab profile!). Powerful growl and thump from the pickups, I've never felt a need to change them. Works beautifully with the stock Elite roundwounds and La Bella flats. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Cool, thanks for the response. I'm "stoked" to get this BT Profile bass! I sold my backup bass and am selling an electric to finance it. I wasn't using either very much (the bass was an Epiphone EB-1 [long scale] and it was too neck heavy to play, and sounded mediocre).

My main bass is a mid '70s Ibanez Challenger - bassically a P-bass with a Jazz neck - and it plays and sounds fabulous, though it could use intonating...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goochified said:

Cool, thanks for the response. I'm "stoked" to get this BT Profile bass! I sold my backup bass and am selling an electric to finance it. I wasn't using either very much (the bass was an Epiphone EB-1 [long scale] and it was too neck heavy to play, and sounded mediocre).

My main bass is a mid '70s Ibanez Challenger - bassically a P-bass with a Jazz neck - and it plays and sounds fabulous, though it could use intonating...

Congrats on your order. You will not be disappointed. You'll likely find that your Challenger gets relegated to 'back-up' status. Please let us know when your BT arrives in the USA.