Why become a member? ×

NBD! Sire V7 Vintage

mingsta

After 7 dry years, finally scratched the itch and got this Gen 1 Sire V7 vintage in Ash and maple. 

I popped in to Andertons Guilford and tried several. I was going for one of the Gen2 models in Alder, but ended up walking out with this. It had the nicest feel and tone and was noticeably lighter at 9.2lbs than the others. I've heard about Sires being weighty. 

I've fancied a natural blonde for a while, but didn't think I'd get on with Ash/Maple combo as I prefer a darker tone, but this one has a nice thick tone and beefy mids. Just shows that while there are some general characteristics with woods, every bass is different. 

They had more Gen2 models in ash/maple at the warehouse, but given the nice weight and vibes, I figured a bird in the hand... 

Needs a minor setup, but I think we're gonna get on just fine. I've got some nice US made basses for reference that I couldn't even afford at today's prices and this sire is a LOT of bass for the money. 

20181215_115044.jpg

Edited by mingsta
  • Like 5