Left leaderboard
Rickytwo

Gibson Thunderbird Studio 2006 Cherry - As New - **** Price Reduction Now £650 **** SOLD****
£825

***** PRICE REDUCTION - £750 *****

Retirement Sale of unused equipment collected over too many years !!

Offered here is my as new 2006 Gibson Thunderbird Studio in Cherry. Manufactured in Nashville USA

This is as "unplayed" and flawless for what is a 13 year old guitar. It's just been sat at home loved, but unplayed, which is a shame as it's so much more than just eye candy.

Case is as new too.

Collect or meet within 30 miles of Mansfield

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3814.JPG

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3807.JPG

IMG_3808.JPG

Edited by Rickytwo
Price Reduction
  • Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Gibson SB-450 
      Cool and rare Gibson from the '70s. Apparently less then 1.000 were made, so there aren't too many of them around. 
      Pictures:

As you can see from the pictures, the bass has been used. It has a lot of user marks and finish checking all over. The bridge has been replaced (original one in poor condition is still there), as well as the truss rod cover. It should be mentioned that the plastic cover of the bridge pickup has broken at the point where the adjustment screw enters. Someone tried to melt it together again, but its still loose. I've set the hight, and left it this way. 
      Further this bass is in good functional condition. The neck is straight and all hardware and electronics function like they should. 
      This bass plays and sounds great. It has an open, clear and full punchy sound. Not what is usually expected from a Gibson. It's also a very light instrument; my kitchen scale says it's only 3,35 kilos! 
      The original hardcase is included. 
      Asking €1.100 (approx £975)
      The bass is located in the Netherlands. Shipping is possible at buyers risk and expense. 
    • By azumi
      Got this recently, but unfortunately I need to raise fund - so this awesome bass is now for sale.
      Like new Mike Lull non -reverse thunderbird NRT5 custom.  A piece of art, pure vintage sound.  Very lightweight under 4kg.  Custom 34" scale.  With original hard case. 
      In terms of ergonomics, the Thunderbird is similar to other Lull - it feels nicely balance and the design and workmanship are superb.
      In terms of tone, the pickups give you that awesome and iconic Thunderbird sound. In don't have my own soundclips but the reverse Thunderbird uses the same pickups as Lull's other Thunderbird basses:

Of course the Mike Lull made the bass to sound as close to the original Gibson Thunderbird ...

...but without the neck dive which the original Thunderbirds are known to have. You can read more about the non-reversed Thunderbirds on the link below:
      http://mikelull.com/site/instruments/basses/bass-NRT4_NRT5.html

I'm  based in London.

• By Woodinblack
      Local pickup price £220 - although can discuss that!
      I have made a decision to sell everything I am not gigging or at least using, and although I have gigged this a few time, and it sounds awesome for some songs, it is really missing a string for me so it probably needs to go. This might be the one I regret selling though, as I always wanted a thunderbird.
      This is the Epiphone Thunderbird Classic Pro IV, which means it is the one with the vintage brown finish (obviously) and is the neck through rather than the cheaper bolt on they do, and it is also the one with the Gibson pickups. It does sound pretty thunderous. Must admit I haven't gigged it with the ashdown valve head yet, might give that a try.
      Anyway, in generally ok condition, apart from a few dents on the head, which is normal for my basses, especially this where the head is so far away from you. It also has a scratch in the back which I have no idea how it got there as I don't wear a belt. Photos of both below though.
      Can pickup from Yeovil, or I can deliver for a reasonable distance, often go to Bristol / Bath / Exeter etc or can meet in the middle somewhere.
      Lacking boxes to post at the moment, but could do if I can find some. 
      Not looking to trade, trying to cut down on numbers

• By seifregno
      Bass in excellent condition, completely original and fabulous sound. The pickups aren't produced by other brands, but built by Mike Lull himself. The new instrument cost around $ 5,000 Original case and documentation included. Price drop to 2000 GBP

• By Alfie Noakes
      2011 Gibson Thunderbird Bass in good condition. I’d score it 7 out of 10. Nice and light, at just over 8 lbs. It does have some ‘lovebites’ through usage acquired over the years, but these just add character IMHO. Just had the action set nice and low but no buzzing, by a skilled tech - see the picture. Plays and sounds lovely and, well, thunderous. Fitted with Dunlop straplocks, originals included. Complete with original case. Half way meet within reason possible, further for a fuel contribution, or can ship at your cost/risk - I’m guessing £35 or thereabouts, with insurance. Any test or trial most welcome. No trades, please.