Why become a member? ×

Changing pickguard on fender jazz - aftermarket?

41Hz

16 hours ago, Aidan63 said:

£7 Chinese fitted my MIM perfectly

I have a made in America aftermarket 3 ply black one I bought from someone on here I was going to fit but preferred the weird tortoiseshell one, you are welcome to try before you buy, you would have to modify it for the truss rod adjustment if you decide to keep it

WP_20180603_002.jpg

What's that big gap doing then at the top of the control plate? It lines up at the bottom okay. 

ok so not perfect but it's a non original to instrument control plate, this scratch plate 'fits' in that no mods required all the screw holes lined up and good fit around the neck and pickup and actually better fit with this control plate than the original MIM scratch plate and two other American made plates and an unknown origin one on this instrument, the gap is pretty small and if I hadn't messed up with the position of one of the large capacitors I used I'd be able to adjust the control plate the smidge necessary to take it out but I didn't want to relieve the control hole aperture the mm necessary and I might do that in the future, at the time I just wanted to get it together and see how it sounded and played after the home neck refurb and mods - if I'd paid a luthier to do the work I might quibble but I'm gearbox builder

The original scratch plate and control plate weren't the greatest fit, it's a 2003 MIM after all 😉