Why become a member? ×

New Arrival!

LeftyP

I've just taken delivery of a new bass guitar.  It's an Italia Maranello Cavo hollow body model expertly set up by Richard's Guitars in Stratford-upon-Avon.

It is short scale and weighs in at a tad over 7lb - which gives my old back some respite.  Despite its name it has not been anywhere near Italy (unless its journey from South Korea took a detour). The Cavo is beautifully put together and Richard's have done a fine job of setting the action and adjusting what needed adjusting.  It is strung with round wounds but I much prefer flat wounds so I think I'll swap them once I've had a good play with it.  There is certainly a retro look about the bass - in a 1950s Wurlitzer jukebox sort of way -  and, although I am not a fan of chrome, the guitar carries it off well.

You don't see many of these around and Richard's Guitars were the only people who had one in stock when I checked the t'internet.  Santa has arrived early!

P1020275 (450x800).jpg

P1020276 (450x800).jpg

P1020277 (450x800).jpg

P1020278 (450x800) (2).jpg

Edited by LeftyP
  • Like 4