Why become a member? ×

Bias Amp 2 (mobile)

Woodinblack

Noticed yesterday that BIAS have their normal black friday 50% sales, so as a happy user of jam up pro and some of their other stuff, I treated myself to Amp2 with all the packs and Bias FX with the essentials.

Spent quality time with the amp designer and it really does work pretty well. Had a bit of difficulty getting Jam up FX and Amp to play nice together (FX and Amp work ok together, but I wanted the jam up part too). Might have just got in a funny state.

One day I will try gigging with them and seeing how it goes!

Certainly would like to try the amplifier they do

BIAS 2 and BIAS FX are incredible desktop apps too. I've been using them solidly every day since release. (Jam Up I also have.)

Not surprisingly I got my hands on the amp to review too and I am thoroughly impressed. I find that I can build Sims much faster and create believable tones that sound better than my other amp sim options. Absolutely killer! 

My other options do favour the effects side of things though, so daisy chaining BIAS Amp with Helix Native is practically mind blowing as they both have their strong points.

Yeh, they look good on the desktop, but then they are £10 for the iPad one and £100 for the mac one - thats what put me off! I have tried the helix native 15 day trial, if only it was 15 days of playing rather than calendar days. It is really impressive though (its what made me realise I needed the HX instead of the stomp). Probably easier if you buy it with the LT as it is a cheap deal.

I looked around for reviews on the amp but couldn't find anything, has yours been published?

Seems like it would be brilliant with the one caviat of redundant software compatible hardware, like the old iphone effects pedals etc.

But just the whole amp designer with the 'change this valve, oh that is a bit brighter' bit is certainly worth the entrance fee.

I am surprised they haven't done a similar thing with the effects though - so what happens if I change the opamp in my overdrive from a TL084 to a LM741 or run the powersupply slightly cold?

Quick reply:

https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/issues/issue-59/reviews/positive-grid-bias-bass-amp-mini/

oh and as for changing pedal components, take a look at the PG Pedals, both available in hardware and software versions, though I don’t know if there is an IOS type. Just on my mobile at the moment so will be back later :)

Looks good - I didn't see your reply for some reason, I just saw it tonight. Also it doesn't want to play the video so I have to resort to actually reading the words!

I bought the Amp2 for the mac as well. Actually I didn't, I bought FX for the mac accidently, when I meant to buy AMP2, but I contacted them and explained my stupidity and they changed it to Amp2, which was nice of them.

One thing I notice on that review, was that things had got so bad it is now cheaper in dollars than pounds!