Why become a member? ×

Howdy from Fife

Jif

Hi all, pleasure to be here, been browsing the site for a few days now and thought it was about time I joined. 

Not an out and out bass player but I love playing the bass. Played guitar for about 55 years, (started young!) But always liked picking up a bass and did a year stint in a band in the 80's playing bass and more recently played bass in one of my sons band for around 4 years. I have a Schecter Diamond Elite 5, (low B), a Palatino EUB, a Vox Shadow that I converted to fretless and a Harley Benton 5 string acoustic.

The last 8 years I've been learning pedal steel guitar and that's probably my main instrument at the moment. I have a music room come studio, I have a good variety of instruments and like to record stuff. Recently I was looking to put new strings on my Palatino, it currently has hybrids but they've been on there for years and are sounding a bit dead. I got to thinking the cash might be better spent put towards buying an acoustic upright and started to look into it, hence I came across this site, which has had some great info on double basses. I have some questions regarding this so I'll post these in the correct forum once I've worked out exactly what I want to find out.

I'll stick a Youtube Vid in the My Music forum where I use the EUB on a recording.

In the meantime, thanks for having me, seems like a good forum with lots of helpful guys on it ☺️

Edited by Jif
Double sentence
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your kind welcome. I hope I can contribute as well as learn from others experience here. Lots to browse and looking forward to listening to members music.

Just going to put a Youtube link up to one of my vids in the Share Your Music section, it was recorded for a pedal steel audience but I used the Palatino EUB for the bass track.