Why become a member? ×

Another one bites the dust

Monz

As per subject really...

Has anyone done this without all the sound effects and if so did it sound empty, if so it might have to be "hammer to fall".

My choice for the bands next new song to learn and I fancy doing something else by Queen other than "Crazy little thing" which I dont mind playing too much but would prefer something with a bit more oomph

Any advice would be welcome especially based on experience

Tie Your Mother Down and Keep Yourself Alive are great for a rock band - no keys. But maybe something like I Want It All or Under Pressure (okay, handclaps aside) are a little more recognisable for some audiences.

Edit: Recognisable than Hammer To Fall, I mean.

Edited by noelk27

In prep for the ZZ trib I went and bought a keyboard/workstation and spent ages programming it. We experimented with various triggers and monitor systems for the drummer , click tracks etc........

Then thought bollox to it - and just went and did it anyway.

Obviously it depends on how 'authentic' you want a song to sound but I'd say stick with the impressionist school , as we have.

BTW - Hammer to fall , esp as a set opener - difficult to better it. Plus you can melt it into One Vision halfway through - sounds brilliant. Did it with a covers band I was in for a while.