Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1100s - Price drop!

tredders

Selling my trusty Yamaha BB1100s. It's active, with P/J pups, rosewood neck, and is vintage white (or cream, I can never remember the proper name for it!).

Some pics are here: -

[url="http://www.tredders.smugmug.com/gallery/2512647#131947041"]http://www.tredders.smugmug.com/gallery/2512647#131947041[/url] (ignore the P Bass - that's sold now).

The bass is in very good nick - the one and only mark is on the end of the lower horn (you can see it on the 4th pic), but it's not really noticable and other than that is immaculate. I've just put some rotosounds on it, and it sounds fab! However, it's a bit surpless to requirements at the mo. Oh, it also comes with Schaller locking strap nuts and a wide black leather strap.

[s]Looking for £200[/s] [b]Now £175[/b], collected from Leamington (j.15 M40) region. I could post, but would need to check the costs.

Would potentially swap for something else bass-related, although I've no idea what at the moment! What have you got?

Cheers

Mark.

Edited by tredders

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry - just noticed your email - it had gone into my spam folder.... good old Hotmail!

Although I'd prefer a UK sale, I've got no problems shipping to Portugal, but having just had the experience of one written off bass (thanks to Royal Mail) will need to find a proper courier with the correct levels of insurance. Let me look into it, and I'll get back to you with a cost.

Mark.

Right - I've done some investigation regarding sending the bass to Portugal, and it works out as follows: -

1. The bass must be packed in a hard case, otherwise insurance is invalid. Let's say £35 for a 2nd hand hard case.
2. The postage is in the region of £60 (based on 2 replies I've had from couriers so far)

So, we're already talking £95 on top of the price, plus there's still the danger it'll get damaged in transit.

A cheaper and safer alternative is that a number of budget airlines in the UK offer return flights from Portugal to Birmingham for £50. Hop on a plane, bring cash, I'll meet you at Birmingham airport with the bass, buy you a beer, we do the swap, and you fly home safe in the knowledge that you're looking after it, and not some hairy postal worker!

I'm about 30 mins from Birmingham airport, but will happily take a couple of hours off to meet up there, if that helps. It just seems a little expensive if we go the courier route.

Let me know,

Mark.

Guest baretas

[quote name='tredders' post='25553' date='Jul 1 2007, 11:24 AM']Right - I've done some investigation regarding sending the bass to Portugal, and it works out as follows: -

1. The bass must be packed in a hard case, otherwise insurance is invalid. Let's say £35 for a 2nd hand hard case.
2. The postage is in the region of £60 (based on 2 replies I've had from couriers so far)

So, we're already talking £95 on top of the price, plus there's still the danger it'll get damaged in transit.

A cheaper and safer alternative is that a number of budget airlines in the UK offer return flights from Portugal to Birmingham for £50. Hop on a plane, bring cash, I'll meet you at Birmingham airport with the bass, buy you a beer, we do the swap, and you fly home safe in the knowledge that you're looking after it, and not some hairy postal worker!

I'm about 30 mins from Birmingham airport, but will happily take a couple of hours off to meet up there, if that helps. It just seems a little expensive if we go the courier route.

Let me know,

Mark.[/quote]

Well, I was thinking of going back to England one day... I guess it's gonna be sooner than I thought :)
But I think that we can do business, just need to get a hard case with the bass. Can you give me more details on those airplane tickets?

Hi again

Take a look at the following cheap airlines. Birmingham airport is 30 mins from me - Coventry airport is about 20 mins, so take your pick: -

www.thomsonfly.com
www.bmibaby.com
www.flymonarch.com

All are showing return flights for less than £50, which will still work out cheaper than posting it!

Let me know what dates you've got in mind.

Cheers

Mark.

Guest baretas

First I just want to say that you definitively have a buyer for this bass. Every time I look at those pictures I get more and more convinced about it :) (and my band members agree with me).
Now for the arrangements, can we sort this here or do you prefer by email or pm?
By the way, I've been searching all the low cost companies but I can't find those Birmingham-Lisbon return tickets for £50... the best I could find was around £80.

Edited by baretas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='ali-stare' post='65454' date='Sep 25 2007, 06:01 PM']is this still for sale???
been looking for one ofr AGEEEESS[/quote]

Sorry, it was sold ages ago and now lives in Portugal.

Pity as I'm down in Cheltenham on Sat and could have saved all the postage hassles.