Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Music Man Pre-EB Sabre bass body '79 (neck has been sold)
£1250

SurroundedByManatees

Up for sale or trade:

Music Man sabre '79 hybrid

A hybrid of a 1979 Sabre bass with a 1990 fretless Stingray neck with schaller tuners. Its a perfect fit with the neckpocket. This one has the bullet trussrod, so no adjustments were made to the body.

3XPRJZT.jpg

XjDLrym.jpg

bz38uDd.jpg

ai13M4A.jpg

4Oov8Au.jpg

NoFbHLE.jpg

4upo7RL.jpg

mELaPTL.jpg

tGUEVao.jpg

HT1DPGj.jpg

VhFWmxH.jpg

VoPjDN6.jpg

lCgNtdW.jpg

lqvzjsU.jpg

y01cegp.jpg

1rZid6m.jpg

HAnilZv.jpg

HAnilZv.jpg

DDE1cam.jpg

The bass plays and sounds great. Its currently fitted with flatwounds as I find it having a great character. And it plays smoother than rounds of course.

The neck is straight and trussrod turns both ways with pleasure. It has a nice pao ferro fretboard and some birds eye in the maple!

As you can see, this bass has seen some action. It has a lot of usermarks and lacquer damages. The bridge saddle from the A is non original, as are the strapbuttons.  

This bass really has some greats sounds in it, and actually I might miss it when swapping it. Though I will not use a fretless on stage in the near future, so will probably buy a much cheaper fretless and put the money for the sabre elsewhere. Ive still got a fretted sabre though:)

The neck has been sold. I'm asking 900 gbp for the body. 

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but im happy to ship within europe at buyers risk.

Tradewise i'm interested in (per example): mustang bass, Yamaha JB600r, fender bullet deluxe bass, perhaps the early 80s gold jazz bass (long shot!) or an other early 80s Fender jazz with dot n bound neck, Squier JV or sq, mustang guitar or similiar....

Realistic offers only please. 

Please do not hestitate to contact me if you have any questions or a good trade offer. 

Cheers

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

Trade offers still welcome! I'm mainly looking for a great (early 70s player grade, sunburst-rosewood-tort ideally) precision or a mustang bass! Could add cash if needed. 

I have a very.very good '93 Precision ('70's reissue), if that interests you?