Why become a member? ×

Orange OB-1 combo but similar for a project?

ForbiddenWytch

Hey everyone!

Been loving the idea of the Orange OB-1 300/500 combo that have the head as a removable rack mount section and the single 15 cab but was wondering if anyone knows of a company that does a combo very much like it but instead of the 15" speaker, it has a 12 speaker as I'd like to get one to mount my Trace Elliot GP12 head in to and fit my favourite speaker (Fane Medusa 150 12"). I basically just want the enclosure to make my own project from. 

If any of this doesn't make sense then please excuse me, I've had too much coffee today and it's showing haha!

Cheers :)

12 hours ago, bassmachine2112 said:

Hiho Orange made a terror bass 500 combo with 12" speakers might be a consideration. 

I have the separate head and Cab SP212 with an OBC 115 which I swap around or use both depending on gig,practice or whatever the situation.

Ah brilliant! Thank you for the "heads" up! I've taken a look at those and they look like they might just fit the head unit in to it so fingers crossed! Going to see what I can do to get hold of one!

52 minutes ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

Dude that is exactly what I'm after! How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry man, I just googled an image so you knew what I was talking about. That's an LDS cab that sold second hand on the american forum. I've had an LDS cab before, but mine was the standard 2x12" (2460) and not that airhead pictured.

There are plenty of custom cab builders in the UK, but I'm afraid I've never commissioned one. Zilla, PCH Audio, Tricky Audio and I'm sure others may be able to accommodate you.

Edited by Jack