Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRC6 *TRADED*
£300

Bigwan

Recently acquired, but really surplus to requirements as I have a Ibanez baritone guitar already. 

This guitar is easily 9.5/10. Other than a couple of tiny scores (pictured) that don't break the finish and a little forearm shining in the finish, it's indistinguishable from brand new. 

Currently strung with Labella strings,  a set of Bass VI D'addario strings are included.

Product page on Ibanez site: http://www.ibanez.com/products/eb_detail18.php?year=2018&area_id=3&cat_id=2&series_id=51&data_id=159&color=CL01

Trade-wise I'm looking for a 50's/60's spec P bass - classic 50's, Roadworn P or similar, Lakland Hollowbody, obviously with cash or other gear your way. Or try me. 

IMG_20180818_164559.jpg

IMG_20180818_164603.jpg

IMG_20180818_164625.jpg

IMG_20180818_164656.jpg

IMG_20180818_164705.jpg

Edited by Bigwan

OK, thanks that rules out most flat wounds then. I quite fancy trying a 6 string sometime. Never wanted a 5, but a 6 would suit one of the bands I play in. Not sure I could adapt to a short scale after so many years of 34" basses though.

26 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

OK, thanks that rules out most flat wounds then. I quite fancy trying a 6 string sometime. Never wanted a 5, but a 6 would suit one of the bands I play in. Not sure I could adapt to a short scale after so many years of 34" basses though.

Labella do a flatwound set of bass vi strings... £50 though... 

The scale is fine. If you've ever played bass lines on a guitar it doesn't feel as odd as that... 

Edit: just realised you mean flatwounds and string through... Not well enough versed in flatwounds to know if they would work here or not.

Edited by Bigwan

Yes, LaBella specifically state that their regular flats should not be strung through the body, the angle is too much and can fracture the windings. I know they do make a range suitable for stringing through, with exposed core to pass over the bridge.

I think the 30" scale is too short for me, though, unfortunately.