Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* - Sandberg VM5 - 1st Gen w/ Delano pups - now £800 collected!
£1000

Misowaki

SOLD 

So I part traded this with this forum's Hazbeen for a beloved AVRI Fender and have finally accepted that I will probably never actually need a 5er so off it must go. The most comfortable bass I've ever played action wise, fair share of wear and tear, tried to show in pics. Still plays and sounds perfect. Trials welcome.

Low serial, supposedly they were made better back then, so I'm told.
5 string
34" scale
4.8kg
Alder body
Rosewood fingerboard
Maple neck
Delano Precision/MM configuration
Glockenklang Pre

Will pack for post if you're willing to handle courier.  Collection/meet up preferred

Trades: preferably done in person at a mutual location.
Ideally after a Jazz bass, Sandberg or Fender, rosewood with block inlays, white/black and tort is the preference. Fender USA/Jap/Mex considered but with difference made up.
Others include Gibson RIpper/Grabber or maybe Ibanez copies of, anything of that similar, raspier ilk.

Cheers, any questions get in touch,

Andrew

20180730_152807.jpg

20180730_152823.jpg

20180730_152836.jpg

20180730_152857.jpg

20180730_152906.jpg

20180730_152927.jpg

Edited by Misowaki
SOLD

• Misowaki changed the title to PRICE DROP - Sandberg VM5 - 1st Gen w/ Delano pups - now £800 collected!

What’s the build year? Notice it’s the old shape, old tuners and cannot see a serial on the rear of the headstock? 

Also, are the dings on the back of the neck really obvious to the touch. Difficult to see the depth from the photo.  You state fair share of wear and tear but the photos really don’t show this in any detail or clarity so is a more risky proposition.  Can you give more details of better photos of the areas of wear, dings, dents and scratches.  For a non-relic’d Sandberg bass, the level and type of wear really does set the price, especially as i’ve seen younger Sandbergs with very little wear go for £800 and less.  Before assessing the price I need more info.  

Ah, I did have the year in the title but I must have accidentally deleted it.  2009 I believe, serial is 37xx
Always happy to give more deets and take more pics.  I think 'younger Sandbergs' is the key phrase there, this is early days of Sandberg and I don't see how that can make it any less worth asking price...

Either way, a guy is on his way to have a look so maybe gone shortly anyway.

Cheers