Why become a member? ×

* TRADED * NO MORE AVAILABLE * Fodera Anthony Jackson 5 Elite for trade or sale
£6500

will4bass

Selling or trading my beautiful Fodera AJ5 Elite built in 2003: alder body, 3 piece maple neck, walnut crotch top, dark ebony board, abalone inlays, +/-19mm, about 4300 grams, well balanced etc.

Played but optically in great condition (there is one little spot caused by a loose straplock in the OHSC, I have more pics to show this)  and technically 100%. The bass has been fitted with Bartolini dual coils. It is done very professionally with pieces of ebony at the sides to compensate for the less wide pick ups. This is fully reversable so if desired Duncans could be ordered at Fodera and put back in. With the Barts the AJ5 sounds full, fat and with strong low mids: all with grace and authority. Very ‘AJ’ I would say. Some video demo’s are available on request.

PM for more info. Cash preferred. For trade I would consider 5 string Alleva Coppolo or Sadowsky most preferably with a maple board. I might also consider Alembic series I/II or a 6 string Fodera (AJ6?) or a great Fender Jazz fretless or Fender vintage Jazz or P.

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

Edited by will4bass
TRADED
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Acebassmusic said:

Probably the nicest AJ I've seen....and I dont usually like the shape 🤪  GLWTS

It was kind of an acquired taste for me too but this shape is very comfortable, both sitting and standing up.

2 hours ago, Auslander said:

Has it 34" scale? Have you available sounclips? 

Hello Auslander, scale is 35inch (what the 'reach' is concerned the playability is like a regular 34incher, really). I have no soundclips off the shelf but I am more than willing to record and share some if you are interested. The bass sounds awesome, a fat, full sound with a authority. Ofcousre a lot depends on strings, amplification and... your hands!

So much love received including decent and less decent offers, but the AJ5 is still here desperately waiting to be loved by someone who appreciates the value of a Fodera rather than being interested but saying they are overrated at the same time... It is like wanting a Bugatti for the price of a BMW... Great cars, BMW's but no Bugatti..😉

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, will4bass said:

So much love received including decent and less decent offers, but the AJ5 is still here desperately waiting to be loved by someone who appreciates the value of a Fodera rather than being interested but saying they are overrated at the same time... It is like wanting a Bugatti for the price of a BMW... Great cars, BMW's but no Bugatti..😉

You are sooooo right. There is just something special in Fodera's. 

• Like 1