Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass MIJ 1975 reissue - SOLD ON EBAY
£850

Delberthot

I've decided that I'm a Musicman Sterling player and nothing else is going to do so I have a bunch of stuff I am going to be selling, starting with this '75 reissue Jazz Bass

The eagle-eyed amongst will notice the B serial number which would place it at around 1986 but this is a typical Fender Japan anomaly. The bass was actually made in March 1999 as you can see from the neck and body stamps.

It's a 1975 reissue so has the period correct 3 bolt neck plate, bullet truss rod at the headstock end and all maple block & bound neck. It also has the grounding plates underneath both pickups and in the control cavity.

The scratchplate has factory drilled holes for the neck pickup cover and finger rest but the body itself has not been drilled.
When I first got the bass, the pickups were faulty so I began searching for suitable replacements. I was fortunate enough to find a set of genuine Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass pickups.

One of the pots was a bit scratchy as well so I bought a replacement harness made with USA CTS pots, switchcraft jack and a paper in oil cap. This harness has small connector blocks that eliminate the need to solder anything making changing the pickups a breeze.

Everything has been thoroughly cleaned so with the exception of the small dings that you'd expect with a 19 year old bass, it is in very clean condition.

By this point you will be wondering about the sound - well I have been using this with a Sansamp Bass Driver DI v2 which I am also selling and it's classic Geddy Lee clank and growl. It does, of course, make the usual jazz bass noises plus growl (did I mention the growl?)

It's currently fitted with D'addario EXL nickel wound strings and will come in a hard case to protect it during shipping. It's not the best fit but it will do the job.

Looking for £850 or best offer. Postage will be £35 and I am happy for the buyer to collect or to meet up somewhere.

I am having a clear out so not looking for any trades at present

20180622_172301.jpg

20180622_172311.jpg

20180622_172320.jpg

20180623_105849.jpg

20180623_105900.jpg

20180623_105920.jpg

20180623_105927.jpg

Edited by Delberthot
SOLD

I had an MIJ Non Export 75 RI from 96, its was just lovely, IMG_0289.thumb.JPG.faa60b9cea5310f2738493fc67de5663.JPG70's pickup spacing.. Had a Marcus Miller tone for sure. Played one with the 60's spacing and really couldn't tell the difference. Put an Audere preamp in it and it was a beast. The MIJ 75 RI's are fantastic. GLWTS