Left leaderboard
PriZeMaN

**ACG Krell Fretless 5 **-SOLD!!
£1250

**SOLD**

I cannot sing the praises enough for ACG!!!

The only reason I'm selling is because I am expecting a custom ACG very soon and cannot justify having 3 basses.

BODY: Top Wood:Black ART Lacewood
• Body Wood:Black Walnut
• Accent Veneer:Flame Maple
• Body Finish:Satin Lacquer

NECK:  Wood:Maple/Walnut
• Finger Board:Indian Ebony with alloy face dots and partial fretlines.
• Scale:34″
• Weight:4.68Kg/10.3Lbs
• Head Plate:ART Lacewood ,Back Plate:Walnut , Heel:Walnut
• Neck Finish:Satin Lacquer

HARDWARE: • Pickups:ACG OWSB overwound single coils. Alnico magnet in the neck pickup, Ceramic in the bridge. Pre-amp East Deluxe 3
• Hardware:ACG/Hipshot bridge 18mm spacing, Gotoh Gb350 Resolite tuners, Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks, Low battery indictor, Luminlay side dots.

STRINGS: New Platinum roundwound Set from Newtone Strings

Hiscox Hard Case.

Will post at the buyers Expense but prefer Pick Up from CHELMSFORD

£1100 NO OFFERS

Email: [email protected]

Krell1.jpg

Krell2.jpg

Krell3.jpg

Krell4.jpg

Edited by PriZeMaN

On 22/07/2018 at 14:25, fluffo said:

My old bass superb,

Big regret!

I couldn't be without an ACG! The tapered neck makes such a difference :)

Can you confirm the pre-amp model please? I think it's the one on the ACG website, but I just wanted to check.

Edited by WinterMute

I got Alan to change the preamp from the east all parametric sweeps (like a Wal) to a deluxe 3 like a u-retro unless it's been changed back.

Hope this helps

On 05/08/2018 at 16:25, fluffo said:

I got Alan to change the preamp from the east all parametric sweeps (like a Wal) to a deluxe 3 like a u-retro unless it's been changed back.

Hope this helps

Cheers mate, I'll update the specs :)

On 22/07/2018 at 14:25, fluffo said:

My old bass superb,

Big regret!

Didn't realise that was you initially Mark. You wanna buy it back, ha hah? :P

On 03/08/2018 at 16:43, WinterMute said:

Can you confirm the pre-amp model please? I think it's the one on the ACG website, but I just wanted to check.

John East:  Deluxe 3 ma man :)

21 hours ago, WinterMute said:

Cos the missus got made redundant basically, it’s a beauty but I can’t afford it right now...

Sorry to hear that WM, hope you get back on track soon :)

11 hours ago, WinterMute said:

Awwwww, man... You're killing me...

My missus has her own business if you want to pay by credit card and add the fees :)

The good lady wife is chasing down leads, she’ll not be out of work long, if it’s still around once she’s sorted then we can talk.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ted Theodore Logan, III
      Now only £945... p&p available
      As new condition!! 

In order to avoid alienating the “traditionaly sane" members of the Basschat community, I have arranged the following advert to be compiled in two parts. 

Part One will detail; 
      · The item for sale
      · The asking price 
      · The option for delivery/collection 

Part Two will contain; 
      · Mostly nonsense
      · Incoherent babbling
      · The ramblings of a mad man

Both parts will be void of any humour (naturally) 
      and absolutely no content contained within Part Two should be taking likely and can not be held against me in my forthcoming sanity plea...

Part One

Item Description

model: Sandberg California TT4 Fretless Bass Guitar
      finish: 3 tone Sunburst Matt
      electronics: Sandberg AlNiCo Passive Jazz Pickups
      controls: Volume, Balance, Tone
      hardware: Sandberg Locking Tuners & Sandberg Premium Bridge (matching black)
      neck: Unmarked Fretless
      fingerboard wood: Rosewood 
      scale: 34inch
      weight: 4.4kg
      case: Sandberg Padded Gig Bag
      condition: Mint
      price: £1045

Shipping

insured courier: £40 approx (location dependant)
      collection: Free
      part-meet: Cost of fuel

Those interested in purchasing this instrument should completely and utterly disregard any further text.
      Thank you for reading.

Part Two

So basically, back when I was slightly more deluded than I am today, I purchased a number of Fretless Bass Guitars with the notion that I could master a Fretless instrument with little to no actual effort being made on my part. Needless to say, I was wrong...
      Whilst it might not be “Racket-Silence" or “Brian Sturgeon-ary" to learn how to play a Fretless Bass Guitar, I will come clean right now and just admit that I am far too lazy to continue with anything that doesn't go my way immediately or pretty soon thereafter... I wouldn't go as far to say that I'm a defeatist but let me put it this way; If I flip the switch on a kettle and it ain't plugged in... the tea ain't getting made! Same goes for if ain't got no water in...
      So anyway, I'm now in possession of an all-round awesome German-made Sandberg California Fretless Bass Guitar that just isn't getting played and even when it is actually getting played it's actually not getting played, it's just more or less just being held whilst I slide a finger up the D string and listen to it go “Mwahhh"... and then back down the D string to hear it go “Mwohhh"... I will sometimes repeat this three or four times before returning the gorgeous instrument to its lovely Sandberg padded case...
      To be honest I'm a little miffed as the sales person who sold me the instrument told me that “Sandberg's literally play themselves". I think what they meant to have said was “Sandberg's figuratively play themselves" because, believe me, this instrument does NOT play itself. Not that I ever tried connecting it to an amp and leaving it in a stand next to my record player whilst I played it classic funky Motown tracks in the hope that it might play along... Ha, ha!! No, that'd be stoopid!!... Ha!!.. ha, ha...   Actually, come to think of it, maybe I just didn't have the volume up loud enough... ... I'll try again tomorrow... 
      So I'm not making any promises but this instrument might actually play itself!!...
      The Sandberg is a passive bass meaning that it is entirely non-violent and fully compliant. It has AlNiCo Jazz Pickups, possibly something to do with Al Pacino...
      The fingerboard is Rosewood or possibly a Pau Ferro which I'm assuming is the creator of the material but it looks like Rosewood but apparently it's actually a Pau Ferro which I have no idea what a Pau Ferro is... But it might be the creator but I'm not sure... But it's actually probably Rosewood... Let's go with “Ro Ferro" 
      The hardware is black and all of it is, so that looks pretty cool... Err, it's also got a pickguard for those of you with really long scratchy “Nosferatu" nails or terrible “punk-like" strumming technique...
      Anyway, the finish is rather interesting. That's “finish" not “Finnish" though I'm sure the Finnish are also rather interesting... but in regards to the Sandberg's body finish, this finish is actually a 3 tone matt sunburst finish which is rather close to the tobacco sunburst finish but somewhere in between that finish and the regular sunburst finish. So altogether a pretty unique looking finish...
      Anyway, that's the finish!!

Oh!! If you're actually interested in the Sandberg, visiting times are daily between 08:00 - 10:00 & 16:00 - 19:00 unless specifically requested in advance.

*Edit: Enjoy the less grainy pics... 

“Ooooohhh.... Look at that tasty, toasty finish & yummy, scrummy grain..." 

• By Bassdude BE
      Cort Jeff Berlin Rithmic V 
      CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-on
      CUTAWAY: Double Cutaway
      BODY: Alder body with Spalted Maple and Padouk Top
      NECK: Hard Maple Neck,
      FRETBOARD: Rosewood, 12" Radius(305mm)
      SCALE: 34" (864mm)
      TUNERS: Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
      BRIDGE: Babicz FCH5 Bridge
      PICKUPS: Bartolini Jeff Berlin Custom Soapbar Pickups
      ELECTRONICS: 1 volume, 1 Balance, 1 Tone passive Electronics
      HARDWARE: Gold
      STRINGS: Labella Low Tension Felxible flats
      WEIGHT:  3.9kg. / 8.7lbs

Hi,
      I'm offering this beautiful bass up for sale/trade.
      i.m.o. it is one of the best sounding and most versatile passive jazz basses ever made (check the video)
      and I was really convinced that I would be completely G.A.S. free after i got this a while ago,  alas my new band needs a fretless so I'm looking for a 34" 5string fretless to replace this with.
      The bass is mint except for one little ding in the finish on the underside towards the back (you don't even notice it unless you really look for it. Will ad detailed pictures later!), so I'd give it an 9/10.
      Soundwise this thing is a beast, the neck pickup goes from a Gibson EB type sound to a P-bass on steroids kinda sound and the bridge pickup goes from a 70's style jazz pu sound to full on Musicman growl, 
      It is no doubt a very versatile little beast for a passive instrument and she will be missed..

RRP for these is 1350Euro or +-1200£, so I'd set the trade value at +-650£ and cash price at 600£,
      I still have the box it came in so shipping is no problem.  

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.

The video above gives a nice overview of the different sounds you can get with the passive controls, the video below shows the bass in action in the hands of Lorenzo Feliciati .

I will try to upload some decent pictures later today.  
      Kind regards,
      Stay Safe and healthy! 

Don

• By ChrisDev
      Ritter Cora fretless 4-string
      Delivered in: 2012
      I don't play much fretless any more and something new is coming...
      Details
      Spacing: 60mm - 32mm Scale: 34" (863.8mm) Body: Alder Body finish: Damaged Desktop Neck: maple fingerboard: ebony finish: Frosted trasparent Weight: 3,7kg (8,14lbs) Ritter F4 active/passive electronics  
      Ritter Website: Instrument' page Electronics document: Download
      Asking Price: £ 3,200 > 3,100(exl. shipping)
      No trades.

More pics @ https://basslessons.be/1185.php
    • By Dapper Bandit
      Didn't think this one would be going, honestly but here we are:
      A fairly rare Ibanez DWB3 is now up for grabs. I've only seen one 4 and one 5 string version of this pass through this forum which is a mystery as this is a lovely bass. If you like an Ibanez neck then you know what this has to offer, not too thin front to back but has a pleasantly slim nut that encourages you to fly all over the place, should you want to.
      I had the excellent ACG EQ001 fitted by The Gallery in Camden as they certainly know their apples and there really isn't a sound this bass can't pull off!
      Why am I selling then, I hear you cry? I've got too many nice basses and I've got to cull the herd a little bit. I may also come to my senses and pull this in favour of putting something else up!
      Price is collected in Jersey if you fancy a daytrip to enjoy some sun and sea at the same time, postage can be arranged and the included hard case will keep her nice and safe.

• By mrbassman_de
      The BMT series have been built from 1993 to 1997 - basically it has the same spec like the all-time top-of-the-line Smith series - the later Fusion Elite. With a small difference: The BMT Series has the real neck-through concept. Newer neck are built like dove-tails. You can see the difference in the back. The real neck-through is of course more expensive as there is much more waste from sanding the neck wood piece. Additionally - the headstock is black instead of matching the top wood.
      The BMT are probably the most sought after basses today. There are about 150 built - and this is the one of the very rare fretless ones. This bass was originally fretless - has been fretted and later defretted again. Honestly I must say that I prefer the fretted sound on Smiths.
      Condition is absolutely like new ! The Quilted Maple looks much better in real life than in the pics.
      AAAAA Quilted Maple top
      7pc body, 7pc neck
      34“, 18mm spacing
      Weight 4,58 kg
      Original Smith Case
      Built 1994
      Asking 3.800 EUR, or 3.350 GBP (current exchange rate) plus shipping from Duesseldorf / Germany.
      Even if you like to let a top luthier fret this bass for let's say 400 GBP - you will get a llike new top-of-the-line Smith with the typical "click".