Why become a member? ×

Chowny CHB-2 semi-acoustic 34-inch scale SOLD
£295

Mickeyboro

Sold locally...

This is a very early example of the CHB-2, and has the original body shape before (I understand) a certain company demanded changes. The pickup selecter is also in a handier place, and - most importantly - this is the full 34-inch scale, now unavailable.

Colour scheme speaks for itself, and the condition is excellent. Just one nick in the rear binding that is utterly invisible when played or on a stand. Strung with pretty new flats which give the classic Gibson-esque tones; think Chas Chandler, Paul Samwell Smith. Treble pickup is surprisingly biting, if you want to mix it.

I have found this to be streets ahead of the Jack Casady in terms of both build quality and usefulness in a live situation - no feedback issues. Selling since I am stripping back to two fretted instruments, but have never had such comments on a bass from audience and fellow musicians alike. It's a stunner.

This is available with a short scale gig bag (free) or a new and fully fitting Granite padded gig bag with detachable backpack (rrp £40, yours for £20).

I am based in Bournemouth, but am travelling up to Nottingham and Yorkshire shortly and would be happy to meet/deliver en route.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Mickeyboro