Why become a member? ×

Little-known makes that deserve to be better known?

josie

Guest MoJo
On 18/06/2018 at 13:49, Lozz196 said:

Vintage - I`ve been very impressed with the Tony Butler Signature Precision I picked up recently. Just think the name makes looking for instruments a bit difficult, vintage bass, vintage guitar etc, end up with any old pony bit of gear.

I know what you mean Lozz. If you put 'Vintage Bass Guitar' as a search string, you get all sorts of 70's and 80's tat showing up in the results, that was sh*te back then and is still sh*te now, (Satellite, Marlin, etc), but because it's 30+ years old is now 'rare and collectible'. The reason they're rare is because they were rubbish and usually ended up on a bonfire on 5th November as soon as the owner could afford something better

On 18/06/2018 at 15:34, dood said:

Shuker Bass. One the UK's little gems.

How he manages to charge the prices he does for instruments that easily stack up against the very, very best costing much more never ceases to amaze me. 

I also know that many UK luthiers say the same! 

I've been playing  Shukers for over ten years now and like you Josie, when you find your brand, it's a beautiful thing!

This. All of it. Haven't really wanted a bass by anyone else for a very long time now...I have a niggling amount of GAS for one of his JJB Precisions, or perhaps I bite the bullet and get him to make me a full-fat Shukerbird (as opposed to the Shukerbird I have, which is a Shuker neck with the rest a combination of Dingwall pickups, Hipshot and John East...oh, and a bit of Epiphone 😁)...

Let's put it this way: Once I make my mind up, my Dingwall will be going to provide the funds...he's that good. 😁