Why become a member? ×

1x15" cab - Electrovoice design, birch ply, Eminence speaker

RichardH

I built this a while ago to go with my 1x12" of the same family, but every time I've used it in the weeny little gigs I've played, it has to be disconnected because it's just too much for the rest of the band - so after umming and ahhing I've decided to put it up for sale.

The design is from the Electrovoice TL606, and uses an Eminence Gamma 15 - which has appropriate parameters for the cabinet dimensions.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=380&st=0"]Big thread on these cabs (and other DIY cabs) here[/url]

The cab is 17" deep, 19.25" wide and 23 3/4" high. It weighs in at around 25kg (fishing scales) - I can try and get a more accurate measure if anyone wants, but it's no lightweight to be sure. It's slightly bulky, but I can carry it with one hand - though it's more of a "lug" than a carry.

It's made of 18mm birch ply, and all panels were professionally cut on a CNC machine, and all joints are biscuited - it is one solid mofo, and (though I say it myself) beautifully finished. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=380&view=findpost&p=6494"]More on ithe build here[/url]

I appear to have mislaid the port cover, but can easily make another.

Front grill is in Fender style cloth mounted on a CNCd MDF frame, with an interference fit to the cab.
Dual speakons for the connectors on the back.

Here's some pics:

As you can see, it has a single strap handle, which has been absolutely fine for carrying it.

I'm just after the cost of the materials really, so would entertain something around the £150 mark (delivered to the UK).

Anyone interested?

Edited by RichardH

[quote name='steve-soar' post='337557' date='Nov 26 2008, 06:40 PM']That's extremely smart, good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Thanks!

Oh, by the way, the logo (my surname) will come off with a bit of work - it's an inkjet transfer that has had a couple of layers of varnish over it, so it would need a bit of effort, but it's certainly possible to remove.

LOL BeLow. I know, but frankly it's taking up house room. It's not that it's interfering with other band members - more the room and audience members :huh:

The fretless - that was a self assembly job, and also (funnily enough) has a link to Fretless Eric. Someone offered a sunburst P bass body up on BW many moons ago and I got first dibs. Eric chipped in and commented that it would have been perfect for a restoration project he was undergoing - he had a knackered body he wanted to replace. So I offered to step back and let him have it - and in thanks he gave me the dead body - which was an early 80s (IIRC) Fender USA body that he'd had sicne new, and had done things to - had an extra route for J pickup, extra jack holes added, various paint jobs etc.

Here's how it arrived with me:

Anyway, I picked up a fairly old Fender Japan jazz neck (inc original tuners), and the basslines pickups and banged them all together into that beast. It's rather heavy.

[url="http://www.areyoulocal.com/bass_preciazz.asp"]Full build thread here[/url]

R

P.S. Someone has expressed an interest in the cab without the speaker, so anyone considering the whole shebang should say so :)