Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Squire VM FRETLESS P Bass (3TS)
£185

spiltmilk_2000

[Pics to follow soon as I can figure out how FLICKR works!]

EDIT: Hope this works!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/162066544@N07/322385

Ok, so my new custom fretless will be arriving shortly so time to move on my Squire VM FRETLESS P Bass in 3 tone sunburst. Bought this about 2-3 years ago from PMT and its a great bass for the money and was a perfect instrument on which to begin my fretless journey.It's the 'Crafted in Indonesia'version, very lightweight with good sounding pickups, a lovely low action and comfortably slim neck. Its in immaculate condition with no bumps, dings, scratches etc and is currently strung with flats.

This is a great entry instrument for anyone looking to get into fretless or a perfectly good gigging instrument for a more experienced fretless player. 

I'm based in Essex if you'd like to come and try it out... tea/biscuits are included in price. I'm looking for £185 collected or I can ship for £200 inclusive. No case included with this but I will package very securely. 

Edited by spiltmilk_2000
trying to add images
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Cameron, Im so useless at anything even slightly techie! Tried dragging and dropping without success and I don't know how to navigate to my pics on my mac! so useless... It was a total fluke I managed to get Flickr to work after  only about 90 mins! :-)

Hopefully the flickr link will do the trick!

• Like 1

Hey Edd, I’m not in any mad rush to sell this... I’d be keeping it as backup if I had room on the rack and mrs H hadn’t made me agree to a one in one out policy when I ordered the custom fretless... 🙂

Hopefully it’ll still be available for you when you have funds!

thanks for the interest

russ

Hey Russ, 

I know the policy well! 

Out of interest, I read a few reviews that complained about uneven fingerboard spots. Have you had any issues with this at all? 

Where abouts in Essex are you roughly by the way? (feel free to PM of course). 

Edd

Hey Edd, I’m in Brentwood. A few mins from the M25 / A12 junction. There are no dots on the fingerboard itself only lines which are perfectly flush. There are dots on the top edge of the neck but no issues with these either. 

You know you want to come and give her a go 😉

I don't think he means dead spots. The fingerboard may not be perfectly straight, leading to uneven tone across the bass, so it can be difficult to set up so that you get consistent mwah everywhere. It's not surprising  because they are cheap, mass produced basses. I have one of these (bought on this forum) and I think they are excellent starter fretlesses and really good value for the price, but anyone buying one needs to remember they are not buying an MIA.

• 2 weeks later...