Why become a member? ×

Worst bass you've ever played that you did not own.

stingrayPete1977

For me it's every single Fender bass (and guitar) that came into my local musical instrument shop in 1979.

Not withstanding that fact that the entire shipment was in three colours - dull 3T sunburst, sh!t brown, and "we couldn't be bothered with the last coat" slightly see-through white. They seem to have every single fault that late 70s Fenders were notorious for - wonky three bolt necks, over-generous neck pockets, excessive weight, and a generally poor standard of fit, finish and seemingly no quality control. If I'd been the manager rather than just a part-time helper I'd have sent the whole lot back to Fender and told them where they could stick their sorry excuses for musical instruments. I think the only member of staff who looked happy was the freelance guitar tech who realised that he was going to be on a nice earner trying to get these instruments into a state where they could actually be put on display to be sold.

It also wasn't helped by the fact that in the previous two weeks they had also received shipments from Ibanez and Aria whose instruments were not only superior in every respect but they came out of the box playable and perfectly in tune (and had a cheaper RRP IIRC).