Why become a member? ×

Can't reply to posts in Firefox

EliasMooseblaster

Question

Bit of an oddly specific one, this. My home computers run Ubuntu 16.04, and my usual browser of choice is Firefox. I think I'm right in saying that Canonical keep the bundled version of Firefox more-or-less in line with Mozilla's latest stable release. Unfortunately, over the last week or so, when I've gone to try and "quick-reply" to a topic, the text box disappears, although the other buttons (attachments, notifications, etc) remain.

Firefox on my work computer (Win7) doesn't have this problem, but I know they run an old version of Firefox. Similarly, I'm posting this question from Midori on my home computer, on which it seems to work fine!

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, charic said:

My suspicion is that you might have a specific issue to you.

We're due another upgrade soon, I just need to find a spare evening to get on it.  New job is making it difficult

Yes, increasingly I'm convinced it's endemic to the copy of Firefox on my home computer! I seem to be able to operate BC fine from within Midori for the time being - or indeed Firefox on any other computer - so my predicament is far from urgent.