Why become a member? ×

:: ACG Custom J-Type 5 :: Alan Cringean :: Boutique Bass ::
£999

null9er

Dear "Bass-Gear-Heads",

here I am offering a wonderful bass from Scottish luthier Alan Cringean (AC Guitars). Alan builds his instruments in his custom shop in Moffat as a one-man-show. The output is highest end and can easily compete with any boutique brand for USA, Switzerland or Germany. The electronics are developed in close cooperation with well known EQ-guru John East (well known for his Retro-EQs) and Aaron Armstrong (well known for his top-end Kent-Armstrong-Pickups). If you are interested in the overall qualities of an ACG bass, I recommend a professional review from “Bassquarterly 01/2016”. You’ll find an English translation von Alans website.

This is Alans version of a high-pimped 5-string J bass and is called “ACG Custom J-Type 5”. Here are the specs:

• Body: Alder
  • Neck: 3-piece Maple, asymmetric profile
  • Fretboard: Birdseye-Maple, 34”, 24 frets, 20“ radius
  • Trussrod: dual action trussrod and carbon rods
  • Pickups: ACG FB Single-Coils (by Amstrong)
  • EQ: John East U-Retro (Vol, Pan, Bass/Treble, param. Mid, Bright-Switch)
  • Bridge: Hipshot A-Type with 18mm String-Spacing (black)
  • Turners: Gotoh GB7 and Hipshot string-tree (black)
  • Finish: gloss-black with Tortoise scratchplate
  • Strings: DR Fat-Beams (nearly new)

HANDLING

Based on the fantastic, asymmetric neck profile the Custom J-Type 5 is a very comfortable and intuitive player. The neck allows for lowest, high-speed string action. The workmanship is without exception first class.

SOUND

The sound puts out a noble piano-string-tone with tons of overtones. The U-Retro EQ facilitates a couple of sound variations and adaptations based on parametric mids and a bright preset: fat and round, precise and growly – everything is possible. But always with the noble character mentioned above. I would suggest this instrument especially for Fusion, Jazz, Funk, Soul, Cover and so on…

CONDITION

The ACG Custom J-Type 5 is in a used, but overall very good condition. There some typical belt-buckle-scratches on the back and a small dent on the upper horn (see pictures). There are NO flakings of the painting or any other damages.

WHY IS THIS GUY SELLING SUCH AN INSTRUMENT?

Ich am playing a 72 Jazz-Bass and a Don Groshh P-Bass. Therefore, “my” sounds are based in the “passive vintage” sector. Since I am basically doing rock, blues-rock and some punk-rock stuff, I need an instrument with “punch and growl”. For this stuff the ACG is much too noble. In addition 5-string bass will never become my best friends…

ANYTHING ELSE 

I offer an insured shipment to all UK destinations free of charge! Please contact me for other destinations around the planet. It is also possible to see, feel, play and pay the ACG in Dortmund (Germany) or anywhere in the “Ruhrgebiet”.

Since I am selling this bass as a used instrument as a private person there will be no guarantees, warranties or withdrawals possible.

I prefer selling the ACG Custom J-Type 5. If you want to trade I am open for a semi-acoustic 4-string fretless bass or some interesting Musicman stuff.

Please excuse any lack in my english wording...

IMG_3732.JPG

IMG_3724.JPG

IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

IMG_3734.JPG

IMG_3735.JPG

IMG_3736.JPG

IMG_3737.JPG

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3739.JPG