Why become a member? ×

Backbeat

Twigman

Second gig for me with the backbeat g2 tonight. I’ve been asked experimenting with my setup somewhat. Tonight I’ve sent my bass into my pedal board, and from the through on my DI into the BB. I’ve sent my stereo IEM mix (minus bass) into the BB also and set it up so the bass drum gives me a thump in the back. 

I’ve plugged my IEMs directly into the BB and I can set the volume of the bass and IEM mix separately. The headphone preamp is fairly noisy but it all disappears into the full band mix! 

So tonight I have my bass sound as I want it  with no EQ/Comp added from the desk( room adjustments can often leave me with a less than desirable sound), rumble from both the bass and the bass drum and a fully stereo and EQed/Comped band mix too! I’ll see how it goes. Soundcheck was very promising 🤞🏻

• Like 3

On 04/07/2023 at 16:38, woodyratm said:

Ohh reading it just now. 70% lighter and made of ABS vs the aluminium? 

It’s 70% of the weight of the G1 - ie 30% lighter. It’s not heavy by any means, but thought it would be worth clarifying in case you expected it to weigh less than it does!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting my used G1 next week, is there a power supply on Amazon or Thomann that is endorsed around here? (EU plug, but a UK one should give me an idea of what to go for).

Has anyone replaced the batteries on the G1 themselves, are there aftermarket ones or I need to order from the US once they fail?