Why become a member? ×

dolly

Kevin Dean

Well, we've all experienced the dreaded 'hollow stage' effect where the whole of an insubstantially built stage is acting as a giant resonating soundbox for the bass and sending out all sorts of false information to your ears about tone, volume and harmonics. Some bass players might claim that putting castors on your cab (i.e. the same as a dolly) can really exaggerate this unfortunate effect. Personally I don't think this alone would make much difference, but other BC'ers may have different opinions. Discuss.

• Like 1

I've experimented (in a very unscientific way) with having my GK Neo 410 both directly on the stage and also leaving

it in the base of it's flight case i.e. on castors. Don't know if it's because I've had years of doing it but I always prefer

the sound of it not on wheels. Of course , different stages can affect this massively, but I do like that resonance for

some reason. 

Auralex & other isolation products / cabinet stands etc do have a lot of love on here though, so I may be in the 

minority on this one?

• Like 1