Torbass

SOLD! Tobias Classic 5 PRE Gibson
£2500

Hi
Up for grabs is my beloved Tobias Classic 5. Made in California by Michael Tobias and his team.

The bass is in good condition, with some marks in the clear coat. Besides that it's a joy to play and hear. Comes in original hardcase. Includes shipping to Europe. Plastic knobs has been replaced with wooden knobs.

2017-09-18 19.12.45.jpg

2017-09-13 21.33.19.jpg

2017-09-18 18.56.16.jpg

2017-09-18 18.56.25.jpg

2017-09-18 18.56.29.jpg

Edited by Torbass
Sold
  • Like 1

Lovely bass!

I had one of these back in 1992 for a few years..

Stunning basses - incredibly resonant, deep and rich sounding with so much sustain! 

GLWTS

2 hours ago, BigJim said:

TOR WHY!!!!!

Well, what can I say? I doesn't see much action here. I know that I most likely is going to regret selling this. Especially in a few years, when I see what the sell for then...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OutSpoon
      For sales - my lovely Shuker 5-sting single-cut. I bought this from John in December last year, and he had just taken it back as a part exchange. It’s a beautiful bass to play, the neck join is exquisite. Pretty wide-range of sounds available from the Aaron Armstrong pickups. I’ve currently got it set as E-C but can put back to B-G if wanted. It’s great either way. Some more details below. 
      Happy to ship local and international (buyer pays) and it’s got a lovely Shuker hard-case (made by HISCOX). 
      I’ve just bought another bass (Ha!) so don’t really want trade. But would consider a sunburst p bass with some mojo.. 
      Anything that looks like a scratch or a ding in the pictures is just a trick of the light - there’s none! 
      I live near Reading in the UK if you want to pop round and have a slap. 🙂 
      34” scale
      24 frets
      Maple / black veneer laminated set neck
      Palmwood Fingerboard
      Stainless steel medium frets
      Black walnut headstock scarf
      Laurel Burr headstock facings front and rear
      Brass nut
      Gotoh GB707 tuners
      Two way truss rod, carbon fibre reinforcement
      Laurel Burr curvetop and rear facing
      Black Walnut body
      Polyester basecoat
      Polyurethane wet look gloss top coat
      Schaller 2000 bridge
      Black Hardware
      Aaron Armstrong pickups. 
      Blackout pre-amp with passive / active select (volume knob pull / push)

• By Ash121987
      For sale is my Sandberg California VM5 Supreme which I have owned from new and which comes with a Gator hard case.

The Supreme versions of the VM5 have the additional features over the base models:
      -          - Matched headstock
      -          - Pearl block inlays
      -          - High gloss finish

I also ordered mine with a 3-band preamp instead of the usual 2-band.

More info:
      https://www.sandberg-guitars.de/basses/sandberg-california-v-series/#1538825801905-34a97c3e-cf2f

Condition:
      Very good, there are a couple of tiny marks on the headstock and one near the input jack.
      The bass was my main gigging bass for a few years until my Shuker took its place, since then it’s mainly just been used as a backup, sitting on a stand.

Payment:
      Cash, PayPal or bank transfer please. I live in Sutton-in-Ashfield, north Nottinghamshire, UK and would be willing to meet part-way if collection in person is preferred (also my preferred method). Alternatively I can ship this.

Thanks for looking.

Ash

• By ivyserpent
      I 've got used Tobias Basic 5 to sell.
      Features:
      Handcrafted of premium tonewoods
      2- piece maple body
      Neck-thru construction
      5 piece Asym neck with dual truss rods
      Pau ferro fingerboard with mother of pearl markers
      Hand rubbed oil finish
      Bartollini pickups
      Mid cut/boost switch for quick changes of tone
      Pickup blend control
      Master Volume and push/pull Slap Tone switch
      Bass control
      Midrange control
      Treble control
      Chrome hardware
      Grover tuners
      ABM Brass bridge

• By 3Gorillas
      SOLD!

Kenneth Lawrence ChamberBrase II 5-string

Update: Weight and some new pics
      Ken Lawrence is without doubts one of the best luthiers ever. Even Vinnie Fodera came to this conclusion (and well, he might know a bit about basses as well… ;-)). I have been playing Ken's basses for long time and can 110% confirm this reputation. Besides being an extraordinary player himself Ken is the nicest guy who really cares about his customers.

This bass is extremely rare and kind of a full-house-configuration, see spec sheet below. It hardly gets any more exclusive:
      Abalone inlays and logo, ebony bindings on fretboard, LED-Dots ……
      The craftmanship is out of this universe. The construction with its semi-hollow body gives the instrument an unbelievable dynamic and response. The sound does have an acoustic touch with some "airy vibe", but ultimately this is a powerful electric bass that delivers an amazing low-end.  In fact I have and had also several Foderas from 33" to 36" scale and this bass has by far the best b-string I have ever player.
      The bass has been used and played a lot, but always extremely well cared. I used it on several tours throughout Europe and did not have to touch the trussrod a single time. Even on real big stages the sound is well-defined and precise, never boomy.

Very low action with B-G at the moment. Also used E-C for some time, so that is possible of course
      The ramp can be removed without any marks
      Condition is excellent, I would give a 8.5 - 9 / 10. After very close inspection I found 3 marks: 
      A little mark at the wooden electricity cover, a mark at the upper flush mount straplock and one next to the input jack. The last two marks are very superficial and just affecting the lacquer (Ken uses an ultra-light finish). It is not in the wood, no dings or dongs.
      The instrument would cost > 10.000 USD new plus shipping, tax, customs etc. and at least 2 years waiting time (guess it might be even longer, Ken just takes orders in January). So much more than 10.000 Euro with all the overhead.

SOLD

The bass is located near Bonn / Germany. Shipping at buyers expense and risk is no problem.

Specs:
      Kenneth Lawrence Instruments ChamberBrase II
      Scale Length: 33"
      Nut: 1 3/4” nut
      String Spacing: 19 mm, Adjustable To 18-20mm
      Body Wood: Claro Walnut
      Top Wood: Figured / Blackened Redwood Top and Headstock Cap
      Neck: Eastern Maple 3 Piece with Dual Function Stainless Steel Truss Rod
      Fretboard: presumably Cocobolo with Gaboon Ebony Binding
      Inlays: Paua Abalone Blocks with Matching Paua Abalone Headstock Logo w/ Ebony Surround
      Additional: Gaboon Ebony Control Cavity Cover
      Electronics: Blue fibre optic side dots with on/off switch Nordstrand hum-cancelling "J" pickups w/ Gaboon Ebony covers Customized Glockenklang 3 band preamp, Tara Labs wiring
      Update:
      Weight: According to my old bathroom scale the bass weights 4.1 kg. In comparison to my other basses where I know the precise weight this makes completely sense…
      Toggle switches: There are two toggle switches, one switch is the on / off for the blue LEDs in the fretboard, the other one is some sort of boost. It adds a big load of db to the signal and gives the bass a fat bottom (as far as I see it can be trimmed, its the blue circuit, please the new picture of the cockpit).
      Haven't used both switches at all, as I usually have enough light on stage and play the bass 90% passive. I used the EQ as a second setting with a slightly shaped solo sound. However, I asked Ken about the exact specs of the circuit and will be able to give a more profound answer very soon hopefully.

• By moley6knipe
      WITHDRAWN - Mods please close. 
      Ibanez SRF705 Portamento fretless 5 string. £500 (no trades)
      Feb 2014 Portamento 5 string in good condition: one very light scratch on rear and one ding on the top (shown in photos). Fantastic bass: light, lovely to play and a huge range of sounds. The Aerosilk Piezo pickup is brilliant: really 'woody' tones. AFAIK I'm second owner from new: I'm never going to use a fretless with my band because it's 100% wrong for what we play and I've run out of space, hence the sale. https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/srf705_1p_05.html
      Collection preferred, or will drive up to an hour from PE11 postcode to deliver / meet. Happy to discuss sending by courier too at buyer's expense.
      34" scale 7.7lb / 3.7kg Unlined '30 fret' neck (has side lines and dots) 16.5mm string spacing at bridge 45mm nut 305mm neck radius Neck-through Cosmo Black hardware Active 9 volt 2 x Bartolini MK1 pickups, each with own vol Bass/treble boost/cut Piezo bridge pickup with own vol Active tone Trim pots to adjust individual string volume There is some minor tarnishing on the hardware. Pots all function properly with no crackle. Tuners operate as you'd expect. Truss rod turns easily. Very low action: if you dig in, you'll likely want to increase the relief! I guess it's fitted with the D'Addario Chromes that it left the factory with... I've certainly never restrung it.