Why become a member? ×

Japanese Aerodyne

Currrls

These have been advertised constantly on ebay recently. Anyone have an oppinion on wether its legit or what it might play like??

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Japan-Aerodyne-Jazz-Bass-AJB-66-VWHT_W0QQitemZ330287562100QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item330287562100&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]Fender Japan Aerodyne Jazz Bass[/url]

I had one and the build quality and feel of it were top notch. For my taste the pickups were a little thin so I put some Fralins in and then it was fantastic. I ended up getting shot of it as I found that it was a bit uncomfortable to play for long gigs, other than that it was fine.

Aren't you playing one in your avatar?

Edited by Sean

[quote]From what i hear, they're ace smile.gif CIJ = awesome, not heard much about the tone but the PJ config probably sounds pretty sweet and how awesome does it look?[/quote]
yeah really want a CIJ. and you're right it looks amaaazing

[quote]Aren't you playing one in your avatar?[/quote]
thought someone would say that. that one isn't mine and i'm not sure whether its japanese or not, i guess i should ask.
and also i was just wondering about the source. bit wiered that a man from finland is selling japanese guitars to england!

hmm the [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Japan-Aerodyne-Jazz-Bass-AJB-66-CAR_W0QQitemZ330287562043QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item330287562043&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]red[/url] one or the [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Japan-Aerodyne-Jazz-Bass-AJB-66-VWHT_W0QQitemZ330287562100QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item330287562100&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]white[/url] one?

Yep, the Aerodynes are all Japanese-in fact that one is a Japan-only version with a pickguard-the export versions don't have them. Lovely basses, but the bound edge, as noted, can be a bit uncomfortable over time. The carved top can cause problems if you want to change the bridge too, but it's not insurmountable. If none of that bothers you, go for it. I see the same seller has a black one too.

[quote name='Currrls' post='335876' date='Nov 24 2008, 10:13 PM']thanks for that. would there be any difficulty with changing the pups?[/quote]
Not at all, it's a relatively simple job on a passive circuit and those pickups should be the same size as any other standard p/j pickups on the market. I think if you liked the one you played before and you have the money, you should go for it, they're very nice basses. I wish i could have one! Unfortunately though, if i had every bass i wanted i'd need another house to put them all in!