Why become a member? ×

Laney Combos & Trace Elliot Value

spongebob

I have owned my Trace Elliot 715 SMC 150 watt combo for a bit. However, I have never been really keen on my sound. It's a fantastic amp, but I don't think it brings out the best in me (I play Rickenbacker).

However, during two recent rehearsals, I plugged into different combos which totally changed my sound. First was an old Carlsboro....but last night was into a Laney...and what a superb tone.

Does anyone on here play these, or have any opinions? I see that they come in at 150 and 200+ watts. My TA is 150, so that's probably enough for the gigs I do. The one I used wasn't near new... are the newer ones much cop?

Also....any ideas on the value of my Trace, as a private sale and a trade-in? It's wooden cased, and the condition is superb, no joke! Now I've played the Laney, it's got me thinking about a change!

Thanks guys.

That has kind of surprised me - I thought the one I tried was great. I have found that my Trace sounds a bit like I'm playing in a wind tunnel, whereas the Laney was really punchy, and bought out the best Ric tone I've achieved for a while!

If I do change, and ideas of a sale value of my Trace? It's A1 condition, but just not the tone I like.