Why become a member? ×

Classic 50s Precision Saddle Screws

thegummy

On 4/2/2018 at 16:26, yorks5stringer said:

Why would you want to swap? It's surely part of the heritage? 

Fair enough if that's someone else's cup of tea - I personally really dislike using (IMO) inferior parts purely to be vintage correct.

• Like 1

How often do you adjust your intonation.....? You could on the 'inferior parts argument' then replace the Tuners with modern lightweight ones, and go active pickups too?

Not wishing to provoke an argument with you, but for me ( who has a twin saddle bridge on a Telebass) it's part of the charm, like neck dive and sore shoulders!

I'm almost considering offering to swap my screws with yours but only have 2 and they may not be the same threads. I'd love a slotted screw!

As you say, different strokes for different folks:D

3 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

How often do you adjust your intonation.....? You could on the 'inferior parts argument' then replace the Tuners with modern lightweight ones, and go active pickups too?

Not wishing to provoke an argument with you, but for me ( who has a twin saddle bridge on a Telebass) it's part of the charm, like neck dive and sore shoulders!

I'm almost considering offering to swap my screws with yours but only have 2 and they may not be the same threads. I'd love a slotted screw!

As you say, different strokes for different folks:D

For me passive pickups are superior.

I don't mind the tuners on it, I wouldn't be against swapping for better but the tuners are fine to me.

The saddle screws are annoying though but as you say, it's not exactly something I'm altering on a regular basis so might just leave them.