Why become a member? ×

Hi, after my first gig with V8.

SS73

I have been posting n lurking on the forum for a few months :) . I hadn't intro'd myself before, which I suppose I should. :huh:
But after my first gig with my V8 I actually have something to shout about. So here goes:-

Hi all, my name's Sean. Been playing bass n gigin since about 78, the year I saw Rush, Geddy then just became a total god, soon I had the 4001 and my Trace AH150 with home made 410 ported cab. Things really didn't change over the years n I was kind of happy with my sound, but now I got a Trace V8, it feels like I don't need to search any more, cos this thing is ''FRICKIN AWESOME ''. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Must stop before I get to OTT, but gig was such a reveal of what this thing does, I'm at one. (Whether the croud thought so I'm not sure, but hey.)

Cheers, Sean.

Ahh I wondered whether this euphoric state would last a little longer than a few days, I quite like the sound of the Caterham, I'll start reading up.

I did speak to ''sixshooter'' about his, but I managed to find another inc the 810 cab.

:) its great to be on board. ( just got to work out how to put some id/equipment etc on my posts,)

Hi Sean,

Glad you like the V8, to me there is no other Amp that comes close!

Mine will be making its way over to US in December :) and as it is sold it is now sitting in its case never to be used by me again, but at least it is going to a good home to be played!

I now have 2 people interested in the 4 x 12 but no takers yet....

[quote name='Hamster' post='334305' date='Nov 22 2008, 11:28 AM']Welcome to the forums! :huh:

To add a sig, go to [b]My Controls[/b] and then [b]Edit Signature[/b][/quote]
cheers, I'll go try, if I end up putting my bank details up, go easy on me!!.

[quote name='sixshooter' post='334496' date='Nov 22 2008, 04:56 PM']Hi Sean,

Glad you like the V8, to me there is no other Amp that comes close!

Mine will be making its way over to US in December :huh: and as it is sold it is now sitting in its case never to be used by me again, but at least it is going to a good home to be played!

I now have 2 people interested in the 4 x 12 but no takers yet....[/quote]

Hi Steve,
thats great its gone to another good home, shame for the UK that we will have one less though.

''Never to be used by me again'' :huh: Wow that sounds quite final, but if you ever needed to use one again, I'm sure something could be done with one of us here at least, and I for one would love to sit in the audience and hear another Bassman ripping through my amp.

Now you got me thinkin bout the 412 :) , but, you know the car I just imported to sell on, well I'm goin to keep it!! :huh: same G.A.S different road.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='334599' date='Nov 22 2008, 08:32 PM']Hmmm, which country was it in? Belgium perchance?[/quote]

No not Belgium, was in the UK, but I have been in touch with Bart, shame his site is down, apparently its coming back though.

[quote name='SS73' post='334591' date='Nov 22 2008, 08:09 PM']cheers, I'll go try, if I end up putting my bank details up, go easy on me!!.

Hi Steve,
thats great its gone to another good home, shame for the UK that we will have one less though.

''Never to be used by me again'' :huh: Wow that sounds quite final, but if you ever needed to use one again, I'm sure something could be done with one of us here at least, and I for one would love to sit in the audience and hear another Bassman ripping through my amp.

Now you got me thinkin bout the 412 :) , but, you know the car I just imported to sell on, well I'm goin to keep it!! :huh: same G.A.S different road.[/quote]

Good move, it sounds like my 944, bought it in my mid life crisis and now will never sell it. I have had it for about 14 years now. I was going to replace with a 968 sometime ago, but decided to keep the 944 when I realised mine was better!

Let me know if you want to try out the 412 :huh:

Edited by sixshooter

[quote name='sixshooter' post='335029' date='Nov 23 2008, 05:48 PM']Good move, it sounds like my 944, bought it in my mid life crisis and now will never sell it. I have had it for about 14 years now. I was going to replace with a 968 sometime ago, but decided to keep the 944 when I realised mine was better![/quote]
I was looking at a 968CS until I realised
i) I couldn't fit much kit in one and
ii) the depreciation would be less if I bought bass gear instead! :)

Decent milers are getting harder to find though.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='335050' date='Nov 23 2008, 06:15 PM']I was looking at a 968CS until I realised
i) I couldn't fit much kit in one and
ii) the depreciation would be less if I bought bass gear instead! :)

Decent milers are getting harder to find though.[/quote]

Trouble with the 968CS is that I could not fit my body into the seats! :huh: