Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Series 6 rig

bassbluestew

Guys'n'gals,

Am thinking of getting GAKS offer of the month on Ampeg stuff, but would need to shift my TE series 6 rif first so I'm putting out some feelers. If I get positive enquiries then I'll sell, make no mistake, but don't want to commit to GAK and be left with two rigs.

Anyways, this is an OLD series 6 rig I bought a while back from someone on here. I've used it every weekend - twice or thrice - for the past two years and it's been great. Classic Trace tone, which I like.

Now what is it then I hear you all ask as one !!

Well..............the amp is a Series 6 GP7, but of what wattage I am unsure. There should be some writing on the back, but it's rubbed off. Suffice to say when used with both cabs it VERY EASILY keeps up in the 9 piece soul band I play in, and we ain't quiet.

The cabs, again model numbers are unclear as they have rubbed off. One is a 2x10 cab, the other a 1x15, so a classic combination then. I believe that the speakers in the 2x10 have been replaced just before I bought it with Eminence Delta 10's, I think but I may be wrong, it's a heavy little cab. Obviously if someone was seriously interested then I'd have a proper look. I am the second owner of this since new, the guy who sold it to me was given it by his dad who bought it new. Someone on here will be able to guestimate the actual age of this better than me, I can get serial no's I think if they aren't hand written with the rest of the stuff.

So good folks make me an offer, I need £675 for the GAK deal, but I don't expect the Trace rig to fund all of that. I'll also be selling some other bits and bobs including a Basson B210B cab ( ex Ped ) which has to be the the biggest ballsiest loudest 2x10 EVER MADE, eh Ped ?? Both Ped and I used it with a Mesa Boogie 400+ no worries. Don't see too many of these cabs in the UK, but they are very good.

Anyway, thaks so much for taking the time to read my ramblings, and be sure to get in touch if you fancy the trace rig.

Stewart

Overall condition is in very good gigged condition. It is obviously old, but so am I, and this is in better nick than me.

Edited by bassbluestew

Mr C. Bongo, a fellow Caledonian - hurrah, even if you are from Embra lol. Thanks for your enquiry. At this stage I'd rather be selling the whole jing bang, but obviously if I get someone who wants just the 2x10, or the amp...............you get the picture I'm sure.

Offers invited ( I hate that, but I have genuinely NO idea of what it might be worth ) so make me an offer and you never know. I know what I'd like for it, but I'm probably being far too optimistic.

Also found a Behringer rack tuner in VGC I'd let go for £30 and an as new Digitech Bass Synth Wah pedal with box/instructions I'd let go for £45. I'm sure there's more goodies floating around, must get looking. I know for a fact I have an original black scratchplate I took off an SR4 some years back.

Just like Bargain Hunt eh ??

But without the annoying bespecled, bow-tied know it all !!

I bet he knows how to spell bespecled properly though, this just looks wrong.

S

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='334027' date='Nov 21 2008, 06:20 PM']I bet he knows how to spell bespecled properly though, this just looks wrong.

S[/quote]

So does he :)

Series 6 Trace kit. You could just as well say 'Myleene Klass' and have the same effect on me. I love it. I have a GK/Ashdown rig which I love too - but that's just because I couldn't buy series 6 stuff new when my S6 got nicked. I bought later furry Trace stuff - as much use as a chocolate teapot and it put me off Trace. Daft attitude because S6 stuff is built like a tank,sounds superb and someone should buy yours and use it. Either the player or the rig will die eventually - my money's on the rig to survive.

In fact you should keep it and forget the Ampeg - but that's just my opinionated ramblings.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Myleen Klass, mmmmmmmmm. Would NEVER sell her.

I'm all in a quandry dudes, this TE rig is great, but I love Ampeg too, and having used loads of TE stuff over the past umpteen years I think the Series 6 is about as good as it gets in sound AND reliability ( some may argue that another series may sound very slightly better, but only because they have shares in the factory that supplies them with fuses !! ).

I've decided I want this Ampeg rig so the Trace stuff is going.but only if I can sell it all, don't want to be left with bits of gear lying around, no matter how lovely.

So prices.

[b]Head[/b][u][/u], Electromusic in Doncaster have one for £295 which they describe as tatty. I'd describe mine as gigged, but all the knobs and sliders are intact and all work well, so I'm thinking around the £250 mark ??
[b]Cabs[/b][u][/u], are structurallly sound, i.e. SOLID and work absolutely great, all requisite attenuaters (sp??) and connectors are present and correct. Remember one cab is the 210 with horn the other the 115, sorry but I am unsure of the TE cab nomnclature, and as it was handwritten in biro on a sticker on the back of the cabs - as was the norm in those days - it has long since worn off. Again the cabs are gigged and don't expect them to look like new, but neither are thay abused in any way. Say £150 each cab or a round £520 for the lot ?? Thats a deal I think.

I am also selling a Basson B210B, these cabs are getting bigger in the States all the time, check out [url="http://www.bassonsound.com/b210b.htm"]http://www.bassonsound.com/b210b.htm[/url] for full incredible specs. This is ex Ped, and paired by both him and I with a Mesa 400+, not many 210's you could comfortably do that with. Incredible power from this cab, loudest 210 I have EVER heard. Comes with caster that are also impressive, like 18inch alloys !!! Needs the casters as it is a heavy cab and physically a little bigger than the average 210. In very good condition, say £220.

As before Behringer tuner - WITH LIGHTS ON, say £30 plus post and as new Digitach Bass Synth Wah c/w box and instructions say £45 posted.

I found the original black sctratchplate from the StingRay 4, dunno, say £20 plus postage ??

Just want to raise enough for the GAK deal and a couple of extras ( 2U case for the head and a cover for the cab ) so need to raise just over the £700 mark. Can't be more honest than that guys.

SO are GAK getting some dosh or am I keeping the Trace - YOU decide !!

Thanks guys,
Stewart

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='334843' date='Nov 23 2008, 01:01 PM']Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Myleen Klass, mmmmmmmmm. Would NEVER sell her.

I'm all in a quandry dudes, this TE rig is great, but I love Ampeg too, and having used loads of TE stuff over the past umpteen years I think the Series 6 is about as good as it gets in sound AND reliability ( some may argue that another series may sound very slightly better, but only because they have shares in the factory that supplies them with fuses !! ).

I've decided I want this Ampeg rig so the Trace stuff is going.but only if I can sell it all, don't want to be left with bits of gear lying around, no matter how lovely.

So prices.

[b]Head[/b][u][/u], Electromusic in Doncaster have one for £295 which they describe as tatty. I'd describe mine as gigged, but all the knobs and sliders are intact and all work well, so I'm thinking around the £250 mark ??
[b]Cabs[/b][u][/u], are structurallly sound, i.e. SOLID and work absolutely great, all requisite attenuaters (sp??) and connectors are present and correct. Remember one cab is the 210 with horn the other the 115, sorry but I am unsure of the TE cab nomnclature, and as it was handwritten in biro on a sticker on the back of the cabs - as was the norm in those days - it has long since worn off. Again the cabs are gigged and don't expect them to look like new, but neither are thay abused in any way. Say £150 each cab or a round £520 for the lot ?? Thats a deal I think.

I am also selling a Basson B210B, these cabs are getting bigger in the States all the time, check out [url="http://www.bassonsound.com/b210b.htm"]http://www.bassonsound.com/b210b.htm[/url] for full incredible specs. This is ex Ped, and paired by both him and I with a Mesa 400+, not many 210's you could comfortably do that with. Incredible power from this cab, loudest 210 I have EVER heard. Comes with caster that are also impressive, like 18inch alloys !!! Needs the casters as it is a heavy cab and physically a little bigger than the average 210. In very good condition, say £220.

As before Behringer tuner - WITH LIGHTS ON, say £30 plus post and as new Digitach Bass Synth Wah c/w box and instructions say £45 posted.

I found the original black sctratchplate from the StingRay 4, dunno, say £20 plus postage ??

Just want to raise enough for the GAK deal and a couple of extras ( 2U case for the head and a cover for the cab ) so need to raise just over the £700 mark. Can't be more honest than that guys.

SO are GAK getting some dosh or am I keeping the Trace - YOU decide !!

Thanks guys,
Stewart[/quote]

MB1. :)
Blimey!...always thought a bassoon was a very large cylinderical wooden instrument?.....as for the Trace!...without pictures youll probably be keeping it! :huh:

[quote name='MB1' post='334852' date='Nov 23 2008, 01:16 PM']MB1. :)
Blimey!...always thought a bassoon was a very large cylinderical wooden instrument?.....as for the Trace!...without pictures youll probably be keeping it! :huh:[/quote]

That's a BAFFOON your'e thinking of, you bassoon you !!!

I really did mean to add that pics will be forthcoming as I retrieve the equipment from the band room this week.

The trace stuff is black and green, the Basson stuff is black and white as on the website, and the sam sparro stuff is balck and gold ( wee chart type joke there - nearly )

Seriously tho', will get pics of all stuff up asap.

Stewart

• 2 weeks later...