Why become a member? ×

Samson xml610 PA amp fan replacement

mybass

Would anybody know where I can get PA/amp fan from?  The band have a Samson PA amp that is distributed or owned by Hartke, who are distributed in the UK by Hal Leonard (publishing!).....hence, I’m getting nowhere trying to replace a noisy amp fan that starts up when power is switched on, runs for a few minutes then stops working. I have another fan on order from Real Electronics ( for MarkBass) but they don’t seem to know if they can get one for the Samson.

Any fan of the correct dimensions, voltage and air flow should do the job. They are usually pretty standard parts, but to source a replacement you are going to need to know the specifications of the existing fan. If you find those out, I'm sure someone will be able to direct you to a suitable replacement :)

• Like 1

thanks Norris, I've asked Real Electronics who service Markbass amongst other manufacturers and Im still waiting for a reply from Hal Leonard/Hartke/Samson on getting one. Spare parts, drive me mad! cheers.

The size was in the clue...

8025 = 80 (80mm square) 25 (25mm deep). And it's 12v. Current might vary a little, but shouldn't have much effect.

So, it's one of these then:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-Fan-RDH8025S1-80-x-80-x-25mm-Axial-Fan-12V-Sleeve-Bearing/112777521421?hash=item1a4210690d:g:TfQAAOSwBOlahBNM

£7.58, free postage. Bargain.

Edited by stevel
Additional info
  • Like 1

Fan bought off EBay and fitted. I had to unsolder the old fan wires off as they had the right size clip lug for connection to the board. I finally got a reply from ‘Samson’ saying no parts available anymore because it’s a discontinued model. Thanks for the heads up Steve.