Why become a member? ×

Les Pattison's 70's Fender Jazz - What Is the Colour?

bassatnight

Hi,

I am in the market for a 70's Fender Jazz (Reissue is fine) I have got to the nitty gritty and it's colour that I am interested in now. I recently saw an old clip on you tube of Echo and the Bunnymens bass player Les Pattison playing what appears to be a 70's era Jazz what blew me away was the colour it was a very dark blue and I cannot find any more details of the factory colour for this bass all that comes up is a Lake placid blue which is more light blue than Les's instrument.

Anyone out there know what this colour is and if Fender still do it?

Cheers,

Steve.

[quote name='YouMa' post='333103' date='Nov 20 2008, 01:26 PM']Is it not midnight blue?[/quote]

There's a pretty good video clip on you tube, it looks almost black so Midnight blue is a possibility. According to the latest Fender colour chart that particular colour is not currently available!

I met Les once backstage at the York Festival. Very pleasant chap he was too. Did some cracking stuff with the Bunnymen, who should have been huge, but seem to be almost forgotten now. I remember his blue Jazz too, and I have a mental picture of him playing a natural wood finish bass too, but that could be the old brain playing tricks.