Why become a member? ×

What would this wood combo sound like? Looking for walnut players too!

ashevans09

[quote name='ashevans09' post='347322' date='Dec 6 2008, 04:32 PM']I actually went through GrooveShoppe, and they are saying about 10-12 months, and Mike gave a similar time too, though he mentioned that the Bass Gallery and some other American shops had basses on order with flexible options.

While it's going to suck waiting that long, being brutally honest it's probably going to work out better financially for it to take that long :)[/quote]

Definetly, man if you did live anywhere near to here you'd be welcome to try out my 635 to hear what that combo sounds like in person.

Still, the next year is going to be a slow one for you, still an MTD build diary will be nice to see instead of Shukers all the time.

[quote name='Josh' post='347327' date='Dec 6 2008, 04:36 PM']Definetly, man if you did live anywhere near to here you'd be welcome to try out my 635 to hear what that combo sounds like in person.

Still, the next year is going to be a slow one for you, still an MTD build diary will be nice to see instead of Shukers all the time.[/quote]

That's very kind of you :), and the build diary never occurred to me! I'll make one when more details come in :huh:

I had a custom bass made about 20 years ago (Howard Satterley up in the NE) and I specified Walnut. I went through 3 necks before I settled on the ebony board ESP neck in the pic below (please be gentle with your comments it was some time ago :) ).

I did try a maple board with the all walnut body but it was a bit too in your face, the rosewood was 'very' mellow and the ebony a nice compromise... but remember that is just my taste!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='347458' date='Dec 6 2008, 07:43 PM']I had a custom bass made about 20 years ago (Howard Satterley up in the NE) and I specified Walnut. I went through 3 necks before I settled on the ebony board ESP neck in the pic below (please be gentle with your comments it was some time ago :) ).

I did try a maple board with the all walnut body but it was a bit too in your face, the rosewood was 'very' mellow and the ebony a nice compromise... but remember that is just my taste!

[/quote]

You look like the missing Porcaro bother!

[quote name='Josh' post='347469' date='Dec 6 2008, 07:54 PM']You look like the missing Porcaro bother![/quote]

[quote name='ashevans09' post='347472' date='Dec 6 2008, 07:55 PM']Harry Potter plays bass... :huh:

:huh:[/quote]

[quote name='Josh' post='347473' date='Dec 6 2008, 07:58 PM']It's the career he got cursed when he was caught giving Hermione one in Dumbledoor's office.[/quote]

:) You Bastids!

:huh: