Why become a member? ×

18v pre-amp killed my pedals

Ballahooligan

I recently bought one of the Sire V7 basses with the 18v pre-amp but when I plug it in to my pedal board it will only work when I have the pre-amp switched off. Works fine with my other active bass which has a 9v pre-amp. I've got the pedals daisy chained from my Boss tuner pedal but don't think the daisy chain is the problem. Even if I use the power supply to power one pedal it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the preamp is wired up incorrectly.. there are tons of Sire users using pedals and never heard of this before. I wonder if this is the kind of symptom you might get if the preamp output is hooked up to the jack with the wrong polarity, and your particular amp happens to work but the input stage of one or more of your pedals doesn't like it? Got any other amps or audio interfaces you can try out to see if they can reproduce the same issue with no pedals in the chain?

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Like 1