Why become a member? ×

Police Certifiable Live DVD

Bass_In_Yer_Face

Just hold of a copy of the live album from the Police reunion tour (2 weeks before it’s official release date…ahem) and it’s excellent.

I was lucky enough to see them at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff last year and thought they were fantastic.

I noticed that Sting never got mentioned recently when the list of the best bass players of all time was being put together on here. For me he was another reason I wanted to learn bass above anything else. Forget the ropey lute albums and tantric sex rubbish, he is one hell of a bass player.

If you get hold of a copy just listen to the live playing on ‘Voices inside my head / When the world is running down’…brilliant and vocals at the same time!...I have always loved the bass part on ‘When the world is running down’ and was one the first things I wanted to learn.

Not to mention Copeland & Summers who of course are awesome in their own genres. I hope I look have as good as Andy Summers at 64!

Edited by Bass_In_Yer_Face

Just in case anyone can't wait...

I found this [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRh-yX4o98c"]taster[/url] the other day and added it to my faves. I love Sting's sound on this, it's so different from his Spector days.

I also have [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8wMe9ZNm54"]this[/url] on my faves and I think it proves that Copeland [i]is[/i] the man! When people talk about playing ahead of and behind the beat they can't go far wrong listening to this stuff to get a feel for it.

Edited by Sean

I have always been a really huge Police-fan so I went with really high hopes to their concert a year ago in the Sportpalace in Antwerpen. I regret it a lot.
The whole concert sounded like they came straight out of the rehearsal-room although they had been touring for months..
A lot of mistakes, no chemistry at all between the band members (Summers was just awful with meaningless solos, I only enjoyed Copeland when he played the percussion behind his drumkit, bass was not audible and that means something since us bassplayers have the ability to pick up basslines through bad live-mixes).
Halfway through the concert Sting made a sign to the others (thumbnail across his throat) meaning that he had lost his voice resulting in singing the vocal parts lower than normal...Painful..
Serious mistakes at the beginning of "Every Little thing she does is magic" : Summers starts the guitarpart but Copeland misses the "1" and starts on the "2" and Sting just doesn't know how to start his vocal in the chaos but has to... Audience had to stop clapping with the rythm because something's really going wrong and only gets fixed when the chorus starts and Sting gets the "1" back again... The whole concert was sloppy and a disgrace towards the audience (84 euros for a ticket), no proper endings but always the "iooooo" solution..
I enjoyed "Fiction Plane" a lot more actually and his son sings like Sting used to sing but cannot anymore...
I saw the live dvd which has been released but it is a big difference with the awful concert I have seen... I met no one who was pleased in the audience that night...
I wish I hadn't gone and only lived with the memories of the records...