Why become a member? ×

Gear for live sound manipulation.

ambient

Not really effects this I guess, but I wasn't sure where else to put this.

Some expert advice please. I want to start using field recordings and sounds in with my live solo bass set. I want it to be more than just playing along to a back track on my MacBook though. I really want to be able to start the sound, and manipulate it live, so the piece evolves. Then add loops of bass and other sounds on top.

What I need advice about is the hardware needed to do this. Most of what I've seen so far during my research seems to be designed to create beats live, which isn't what I want at all.

I've never done this and I don't know about the hardware, but this looks interesting: http://www.audiomulch.com/info/what-is-audiomulch

I have had a Behringer BCF 2000 midi controller in the past, and I think that the BCR2000 midi controller could hook up to this.  

Edited by TorturedSaints

10 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

Are you considering Max/MSP type manipulation? DI > USB or FireWire ASIO and a laptop would be a flexible approach - although gigging with a laptop brings its own challenges. 

I tend to use a Macbook live anyway. Not Max no, I really dislike that :). More like time stretch in Logic Pro. I was looking sat the Akai MPC studio, or Korg Volca. The YouTube videos put me off those though, they seem obsessed with making beats.

Edited by ambient

Get a portable recorder, Ableton Live, and the control surfaces that an EDM producer would use. You can record samples with the field recorder, then manipulate them in Ableton with the control surfaces. You can get a MIDI controller like the Looptimus to control some of it with your feet while you’re playing bass.