Why become a member? ×

Fender Squier Custom Neck???

mike257

Saw [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Fender-Squier-Jazz-Bass-Guitar-Neck_W0QQitemZ130268024611QQihZ003QQcategoryZ42455QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262"]this[/url] on the 'bay, the seller has two of them listed.

The description he gives is very vague, but I reckon it's a Squier VMJ neck with a Fender decal thrown on. I've emailed him a question to this effect, saying I might be interested in buying one (which is true), but could he just confirm that's what it is for me. I've had no response, and was wondering if any VMJ owners want to confirm my suspicions. I am after an inexpensive maple/black blocks neck for a project, but I'd like to know what I'm getting. The price looks like it may go a bit steep for a re-badged Squier neck with no tuners, it's around the £50 mark already.

Thoughts, anyone?

[quote name='mike257' post='329366' date='Nov 14 2008, 07:47 PM']Saw [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Fender-Squier-Jazz-Bass-Guitar-Neck_W0QQitemZ130268024611QQihZ003QQcategoryZ42455QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262"]this[/url] on the 'bay, the seller has two of them listed.

The description he gives is very vague, but I reckon it's a Squier VMJ neck with a Fender decal thrown on. I've emailed him a question to this effect, saying I might be interested in buying one (which is true), but could he just confirm that's what it is for me. I've had no response, and was wondering if any VMJ owners want to confirm my suspicions. I am after an inexpensive maple/black blocks neck for a project, but I'd like to know what I'm getting. The price looks like it may go a bit steep for a re-badged Squier neck with no tuners, it's around the £50 mark already.

Thoughts, anyone?[/quote]

It's Fender Squire neck...what's the issue here? The guy makes it perfectly clear it's from a Squire...obviously he's stuck a Fender jazz sticker on it...but he never states that it's from anything other than a Squire, which after all, are made by Fender.

[quote name='thebeat' post='329439' date='Nov 14 2008, 10:11 PM']It's Fender Squire neck...what's the issue here? The guy makes it perfectly clear it's from a Squire...obviously he's stuck a Fender jazz sticker on it...but he never states that it's from anything other than a Squire, which after all, are made by Fender.[/quote]

[quote name='budget bassist' post='329456' date='Nov 14 2008, 10:50 PM']The guy has decent feedback and it says it's from a squier more than once... why would that give you (or anybody) the idea that it's from a fender? His feedback isn't bad either...[/quote]

No need to take a smart-arse attitude, I never gave the slightest indication I thought it was from a Fender. I said pretty clearly I think it's from a VMJ, and I was asking for the opinion of someone who owns one, to confirm that, and maybe for some thoughts on the price of it. I want to know I'm buying what I think it is, and not some knock-off. If I'd had an email back from the seller saying "Yes, that's exactly what it is", this post wouldn't be here, but he hasn't responded to my question.

I share Sgt-Pluck's sentiments to be honest, I'm wary of buying from someone who isn't forthcoming with their communication on e-bay, I can hardly walk back to the shop with it if I'm not happy. Cheers for the advice Sarge!

mike is asking if it is a vmj neck or not, why are you accusing him of saying he thinks its being sold as a fender?!

fwiw i reckon its exactly what you say, a vmj neck with fender decal. It might be worth a bid if it goes no higher, but much higher and you may as well save a bit more for a geddy neck

Edited by BassManKev

Yeah, just seen that now.... somebody's been fleeced!! And I never did get an answer from the seller.

It might not even be off a Squier, the Fender markings and S/N are mising off the back of the headstock. SX sell necks like this, don't they? Even if it is, £153 is bonkers when there's more than one used VMJ sold on here for £150.