Why become a member? ×

1984 Fender Precision fretless
£1100

flamencito

Fender Precision fretless natural. body is elder (stripped, good job!). There a Jazz PU added and an active EMG Preamp (Vol/Vol bass/treble (cut/boost on stacked knob)). battery compartment on the back.
bass is in good condition for nearly 35 years. there's one ding on the fretboard between the strings, so it doesn't influence the sound.
bass weights 4 kg. strung withThomastik flats. The two front knobs were changed to JB knobs (I bought it like this).

For £ 60 I put a brandnew Hiscox hardcase on top .

Playability and sound are outstanding on this one.

Edited by flamencito

Your bass is not a 1984 bass for many reasons. Looking at the serial number it looks like your bass started life in 1978. I have no idea why the neck is stamped 1984. It may be not a year being indicated but the number 1,984. Do you have a picture of what it says on the end of the heel?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank's. I bought the bass like this and have honestly no idea what year it exactly is. I bought it for its sound and feel

Plus at this price I didn't care that much for originality since we are not talking about a 60 P bass at a 5-8 k price range. Some modifications were obviously made. But it would be nice to know though.

Edited by flamencito