Why become a member? ×

Overwater 4 string Jazz . SOLD
£1500

bassjim

Overwater Jazz bass  

Now reduced to £1000.00 as I could do now with the cash for other GAS.  

Passive with Overwater buffering circuit.

Volume.

Pan.

Tone.

Dimarzio Pick Ups (included are the original Overwater Low noise hum canceling pickups should you wish to re-install these)

Hipshot A style bridge.

Weight : 8.8 kg

Only used on three gigs.  Only had this for about 8 months from new. Brought it Aug 17. It currently lives  untouched in a hard case.

Cost just over £2,500.00.

Nice and comfortable. Sounds good. Plays good. You can set the action however you like. High or low, the bass will do it no problem. It is after all a new Overwater !!(I have it reasonably low at the moment.)

I upgraded the bridge and pick ups from the original Overwater parts as I wanted a bit more “punch” (which it does) but you can always re-install these if you wish. (These parts are included in the sale).

I'm based on the south coast near Brighton so you're welcome to get in touch and come and try it. It’s a good straight forward no nonsense passive Jazz bass. Intonates all the way up the neck with no buzzes or dead notes. (unless you want that by lowering the action as far as you can!!)  You can easily add a John East Circuit or similar if that’s your thing.

No case with this (I didn’t need one for it when I bought it hence no case) so buyer will need to come to an arrangement with me regarding shipping. I can loan a case for shipping on the basis buyer pays for it and I refund that amount once the hard case is returned or buyer sends me a hard case to send it in. 

STRICTLY UK ONLY!!!!  (sorry if you are overseas. In previous oversea sales of mine the buyer has arranged a middle man in the UK to take delivery after payment has been made. This type of sale is ok).

JD J Classic 4 1000x72.jpg

OW 1.JPG

OW head front.JPG

OW head back.JPG

OW bass.JPG

OW bdy clsup.JPG

OW PUPS 1.JPG

OW PUPS2.JPG

OW Screws.JPG

cert ow.jpg

Edited by bassjim
add pictures
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its because I'm just used to it  (my Fender) more than anything.  I tried to get a second Fender as a back up but all the Fenders I tried in the shops weren't as good as mine. Even the 3 grand jobs, so I got OW to make  it instead.

They did a fine job and I gigged it a couple of times but it just wasn't my old Fender. I tried to love it but its just not for me. Some people love Warwicks and some don't. Its that kind of personal thing. Its a fine bass, sounds great, plays great and I'm sure someone somewhere will be very happy with it.  Especially at the price its currently on for! 

I'm no way near say Marcus Miller but like he seems to be happiest on his old Fender I'm happiest on mine. 

I've decided to take a massive hit on it financially so I can get on with having GAS and start looking for something different than a Jazz bass as a second bass. Maybe a Musicman or maybe something exotic from the for sale section.  

I'm surprised that you prefer a Fender over your OW...I've yet to play a Jazz that comes even close to my Overwater Custom Jazz.

Neck is beautiful (BI maple), has a satin finish which is just fantastic to play, balance is spot on and the (active) electronics and mars bar pick ups give it a range unrivalled by any bass with an "F" on the headstock.

As you say, personal preferences are a big factor in what we want or like.

GLWTS

• Silvia Bluejay locked this topic
  • ped unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...