Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Boss SY-300 ON HOLD
£400

HazBeen

GAS is a powerful mistress, but I need to be realistic and the Boss SY-300 is overkill for my needs.

So for sale (or part trade) my Boss SY-300.

For the uninformed (most will know what this puppy can do) this is a full polyphonic synth for bass/guitar with the added benefit that you do not need a MIDI pickup (yes PED, without the GK :) ).

Tracks fantastically well on both bass and guitar.

It is in really good condition and comes in a Rockbag carrying bag (padded) and with a UK Boss adapter. Price includes shipping in Western Europe.

I would consider a part-trade with a Future Impact as I only have 1 of them and ideally need 2. So for those of you who want to upgrade? I would potentially also consider other Synth pedals suitable for bass, a high quality overdrive, interesting “sound scaping” pedals.

More information: https://www.boss.info/us/products/sy-300/

Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/tU9Tf

Edited by HazBeen
  • Haha 1

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on why you’d choose the FI over this. How does the tracking compare? I found on certain voices the FI struggled and would sometimes retrigger the previous pitch even though I’d played a new pitch (mostly with faster lines). I loved many of the sounds in it and never even touched the editor software.

Can this cop the following FI presets?

1, 3, 32, 85?

I am not comparing really, I love my FI but it is a much condensed approach to a synth pedal compared  to the SY300. Apples and  oranges, so no choosing one over another.

The FI is a great take on a classic pedal, very useable in certain situations, but reasonably limited (and yes, it is very tweakable through the editor) compared to the SY300. And SY is polyphonic and tracking is better.

And that is what I mean with overkill, I use about 5 sounds out of 9 million. If you spend enough time the SY can give you just about anything with 3 oscillators + many effects. There is quite a lot of material on YT comparing the SY with the FI and creating FI sounds on the SY.

In an ideal world you would own both..... oh, I do :) , but I do not need all the SY brings to the table, my sonic needs are satisfied with a simpler setup.

Edited by HazBeen

8 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on why you’d choose the FI over this. How does the tracking compare? I found on certain voices the FI struggled and would sometimes retrigger the previous pitch even though I’d played a new pitch (mostly with faster lines). I loved many of the sounds in it and never even touched the editor software.

Can this cop the following FI presets?

1, 3, 32, 85?

See above

4 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

@HazBeen, thanks for the info. This is really tempting. Where are you based? (Wondering if I might be able to try it out easily as it is a lot of cash.)

The Hague, NL mate.... but I still go to UK every month, greater Manchester area. Not ideal likely.

11 hours ago, HazBeen said:

The Hague, NL mate.... but I still go to UK every month, greater Manchester area. Not ideal likely.

As it happens, I’m in Sheffield so Manchester isn’t too far. I’m also in The Netherlands (Limburg) later this month so it might be possible after all. 

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

As it happens, I’m in Sheffield so Manchester isn’t too far. I’m also in The Netherlands (Limburg) later this month so it might be possible after all. 

Hmm, indeed! Drop me a pm if you want and we can try and make something happen.

• 2 weeks later...