Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly 500w head
£120

TheGreek

I bought this (while awaiting delivery of my TE Elf), sent it off to Ashdown who serviced and repaired it. Great service, they are forum members.

Image result for ashdown superfly review 

It now works perfectly however I don't use it, as my "go to" amp is the aforementioned Trace Elliot Elf. The Superfly is now surplus to requirements. Would make an ideal amp/ back up for those not wanting to carry around a heavy Class A/B amp and not wanting to splash out on a more expensive Class D which, to be honest, does exactly the same thing with probably less range.

Though now a bit dated, they were well regarded in the day, though there were issues around overheating with early models - shouldn't occur following the repair/service. If you ever encounter any issues with this Ashdown will most probably see to them FOC. Here's some info:

What they have to say

From the bass-crazed engineers at Ashdown comes the extraordinary Superfly Compact Programmable Bass Amp. This tiny, lightweight head features a hi-fi, programmable bass preamp and robust dual 250W power sections. Weighing just 10 pounds, and only slightly larger than a shoebox, it pumps out powerful, authoritative sound. The preamp is easy to program, and gives you 69 user presets and 30 factory presets. Each preset can combine settings for input level, 7-band graphic EQ, and compression. You can switch presets with any MIDI-compatible pedal for onstage performance control.

FEATURES

Hi-fi, programmable bass preamp section
2 x 250W power section
69 user presets and 30 factory presets with settings for input level, 7-band graphic EQ, and compression
Presets are MIDI switchable
Gain and Level controls
8-3/4"W x 3-3/8"H x 14-1/4"D
10 lbs
SPECIFICATIONS
Instrument input range: 100mV”5V
Balanced DI output (pre/post EQ switchable): 600 Ohms, -20dB
Line output: 10 kOhms, 0dB
Effects loop: 10 kOhms, 0dB
Digital interfaces: USB, MIDI
Program Memories: 30 factory, 69 user
EQ: +/-15dB at 60Hz, 180Hz, 340Hz, 660Hz, 1.3kHz, 2.6kHz, 5kHz
Power output: 2 x 250W RMS into 4 ohms
Weight: 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Dimensions: 8-3/4"W x 3-3/8"H x 14-1/4"D

I currently have 6 rigs, this, the Darkglass M900 and the TC Electronics BG500 combo need to make way.

Open to offers/trades.

Edited by TheGreek