Why become a member? ×

Sub 'n' Up users

radiophonic

I've posted on the TC forum, but I figured somebody may have worked this out for themselves. The Toneprint manual is very out of date and doesn't include parameter descriptions for the Sub n Up (unless I've missed something). Consequently, there's a fair amount of guessing involved regarding functionality. A parameter called 'Mix', applied to modulation seems like it ought to be straightforward but it doesn't seem to behave as expected. In fact I'm not convinced it's doing anything much at all! I've set up a toneprint with some vibrato LFO parameters assigned to the Sub 2 knob, maxed out the Dry signal at 0dB and reassigned the Dry knob to handle 'Mix'. I'd assumed that this would allow me to gradually increase the amount of vibrato, whilst independently controlling it's rate and depth via the Sub 2 knob, but Mix seems to have no or negligible impact. Anyone know if this is a bug or if Mix does something non-obvious?

I'm not near my pedal at the moment, but I've created a TP where one knob mixes in chorus, the other mixes in the -1 Oct and the third (Mini) adds drive to the -1 Octave.

I'll take a look when I can, but for now, post some screen prints of your TP windows including assignments just in case anything got missed. It should work though!

[quote name='Quatschmacher' timestamp='1507914407' post='3388813']
Is that not a mix between dry and wet (octave) signals? So if you've got the dry on a constant level it overrides its function perhaps?
[/quote]

Yes - I worked it out this afternoon. Tore actually says in one of his vids that you have to have it at 100% otherwise is starts to become a Chorus, so it has to be wet/dry blend within the effect itself. I've now got it as The Dry signal set at 100%, Dry Control = +1 and -1 'Drive' (different slopes) and Oct -2 = LFO rate and depth, with the rate levelling off around the 12 O'Clock but the depth linear over the full range. Running it into a Flashback with it's own wobbly algorithm (Echorec attempt), It allows me to combine two different vibrato rates - which with the delay and volume pedal sound half way between an organ and a voice.

I could do with getting into the Eq but I only have one cab here until after the weekend.