Why become a member? ×

SOLD

playbass

For sale or trade:

[size=6]'WIFE PROOF' Ashdown ABM300-115C evo[/size]

[b]What is it?[/b]
One of the original British 300W rms combo amp with a 15" speaker (no tweeter). It has a very full smooth sound (to my ears) and doesn't need to go past half way volume wise for your regular pub gig (unless you want a dirty look from fellow band mates!) I bought this new from a bass shop in Manchester and it's never let me down. There may be an issue with the DI on the front (if you use them) I'm looking into it, but the sound guy at my last gig reckoned he couldn't get a signal from it.

[b]What's 'Wife Proof'?[/b]
This combo amp comes with a tailer made textile cover that allows your new purchase to blend in with your home. This reduces complaints from your wife/girlfriend/partner/ or maybe boyfriend/husband to a bare minimum.

Photo (taken today):
[attachment=36838:ABM300.jpg]

[b]Here's the basic spec:[/b]
Power Output (RMS) 300W
Power Requirement 230 / 115V
Speaker Outputs Minimum impedance 4 Ohms
EQ Bass +/-15dB @ 45Hz
Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz
Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving
Slider 1 +/-15dB @ 180Hz
Slider 2 +/-15dB @ 340Hz
Slider 3 +/-15dB @ 1.3kHz
Slider 4 +/-15dB @ 2.6kHz
Shape (Push Flat) +8dB @ 50Hz & 4kHz, -8dB @ 400Hz, filter slope - 6dB/octave

Effects Send Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
Effects Return Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu Nominal
H x W x D (mm) 587 x 610 x 335
Weight (kg) 26

Price £Offers

Edited by playbass

:) I think that's got to be one of the best sales pitches I've ever seen on BC. I can just imagine the cover being decorated with some brocade, maybe a nice floral print, some bows, that sort of fussy decorative thing...

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='324909' date='Nov 8 2008, 06:15 PM']I can just imagine the cover being decorated with some brocade, maybe a nice floral print, some bows, that sort of fussy decorative thing...[/quote]

glitter and sequins, definitely.

x

[quote name='mewsie' post='324966' date='Nov 8 2008, 08:14 PM']glitter and sequins, definitely.

x[/quote]

I feel like I've missed an opportunity with all of the decorating possibilities you're all suggesting. My next cover will be spectacular... I'm off to look through designs and get my sewing machine threaded!

[quote name='josh3184' post='325028' date='Nov 8 2008, 10:21 PM']suddenly basschat takes a wild swing towards interior design! :)[/quote]

Okay, I'm getting a lot of interest in the cover and PMs asking if I can throw the pencil in with the sale, so I've decided to give the perfect 10 its own thread to hopefully put the focus on that too.

• 1 year later...

After moving house this amp is now sitting in a different wardrobe, but still just sitting not doing much. I've taken the price off as I'm open to offers. Might be interested in a trade for a small 12" or maybe 10" combo for rehearsals. Would greatly prefer collection.