Why become a member? ×

Adam Rogers DICE with Fima Ephron.

SisterAbdullahX

Saw this powerhouse trio last week at the 55 Bar in NYC, (the night before I met Will Lee!) and they were bloody incredible. Adam Rogers is a truly great guitarist with a mastery of a number of styles from jazz to blues to Hendrix to odd meter rock/metal to country/folk. His cv speaks for itself, playing with the likes of sax legends Michael Brecker and Chris Potter and stars such as Nora Jones and being chosen by none other than John Patitucci for the guitarist spot.

Fima Ephron is also great, a total "pocket" player who sees his role as one of supporting the front line, however, dig a little deeper and you can hear really tasteful runs and fills, all executed with a great sense of tone and rhythm on his flat wound equipped P Bass.

Add to those the powerhouse that is Nate Smith and you have a recipe for a great band.

I bought the cd at the gig (had it signed by the three of them of course!) and haven't been able to stop playing it since. There's a large slice of Wayne Krantz and Oz Noy to Rogers' playing and tone, but that's not a bad thing! He also is capable of getting slightly Holdsworth when he lets rip, all done with absolute taste. His note choice is always spot on and his tone is gorgeous.

I heartily recommend checking this album out, and try not to shout "What...!?" as he goes from the fiery ridiculousness of "Flava" or "Elephant" to the sublime, gentle C&W beauty of "Crazy".

Check it out!
https://adamrogersdice.bandcamp.com/releases