Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD SOLD *** Goodfellow GB STANDARD 4 FOR SALE **REDUCED**

Apothem

For sale is my 2002 GB Standard 4: emerald green/teal, flamed maple top on ash, maple birdseye board, matching headstock, Hipshot Lightweight tuners, bridge adjustable for string spacing as well (Hipshot, I believe), black hardware, Neutrik jack, original Hiscox GB case WITH KEY (cellotaped under the internal box cover).

Same 3-eq 18V electronics with microswitch now fitted on Spitfire and Rumour, with pulsating low battery LED. Fitted with brand new 40-100 Status Hotwire Premium Round Core with 10mins playing time on.

She is in excellent shape, only a couple of very superficial tiny signs and some fingernails swirls only visible at an angle, absolutely nothing I could photograph. No buckle rash and perfect neck. Here are the piccies to make you drool a little ... :huh:

[attachment=15644:GB_1.jpg]
[attachment=15638:GB_2.jpg]
[attachment=15639:PICT1341.JPG]
[attachment=15640:PICT1018.JPG]
[attachment=15641:PICT1019.JPG]
[attachment=15643:PICT1348.JPG]

Now fitted with the small original rubber knobs of the third pics, not the bigger ones of the first two. Case is also virtually perfect, apart from the small knock on the edge visible in the picture (isn't this is what cases are for??).

Price is an attractive £975 + shipping, no offers and no trades please.

Although I live in the UK, I am currently visiting my father in Milan, Italy, so I can only take Paypal on this, and I will absorb the fee. Unfortunately this also means the bass ships from Italy where it has been for some time, and that is not exactly cheap. The best quote I got is from the Italian postal service, at £65 insured but not fully trackable (once it leaves the Italian border it falls into the twilight zone, not fully recommendable; moreover, their unreliability is legendary....). The cheapest courier is UPS, delivered in 2 working days, fully insured and fully trackable, at £95. I recognise the steepness of this charge and, in order to facilitate the sale, I am willing to ship UPS at the £65 cost of the normal postal service, a £30 saving for the buyer. Therefore, no more haggling, please... :) (If you want to have a laugh, check Fedex for shipping from postcode 20137 Italy to your place, 10kg weight, 1250 Euro insurance value... I nearly fainted...).

*** NOW REDUCED TO £1,000 SHIPPED WITH UPS, TRACKABLE AND INSURED. NO FURTHER DISCOUNT ***

This is going to be available exclusively to BCers for a few days, then it will be eBayed as well. Paypal details available via PM to the committing buyer.

Now, go reach for your credit card before it's too late... :huh:

Cheers mates

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='MB1' post='323033' date='Nov 5 2008, 10:11 PM']MB1. :huh:
Would it not be easier to just bring the bass back to the u.k with you, when you return, and then sell it here? :)[/quote]

I thought so, but first of all I am not coming back for some time (mid-Jan) and, second, the lovely people at Ryanair charge me £25 for the privilege. Add on top another £25 at least for domestic shipping. Overall a modest saving and a long wait.

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='MB1' post='323054' date='Nov 5 2008, 10:33 PM']MB1. :)
I personally would wait ,i have very little faith in couriers,this is far too nice a bass to be entrusted to one.[/quote]

This is why it would be shipped FULLY insured, for the buyer's and my protection as well. Anyway, chances are that I would need to ship it even from home, so there would be some risk anyway.

Nice, nice ,nice, was this bought on here a year or so ago I seem to remember lusting for it then, silly thing but if you got Bernie to stick a Spifire decal on it it would just finish it off nicely, thats a very reasonable price too I would have thought. Good luck with the sale.....

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='323066' date='Nov 5 2008, 10:55 PM']Nice, nice ,nice, was this bought on here a year or so ago I seem to remember lusting for it then, silly thing but if you got Bernie to stick a Spifire decal on it it would just finish it off nicely, thats a very reasonable price too I would have thought. Good luck with the sale.....[/quote]

Yes it was advertised here last November, from a guy in Italy. I got it but played it only a handful of times.

Thanks

Edited by Apothem

• 2 weeks later...