Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fretless Humbucker Jazz SOLD

Prosebass

[quote name='Prosebass' post='322646' date='Nov 5 2008, 01:43 PM']I built this with input from a fellow basschatter and although he would like the bass he cannot proceed with the sale so its here.

Price is £175.00 plus £15.00 insured courier.[/quote]

That is stunning, a really unique bass. I can't tell you how tempted I am :)
Good luck with the sale
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='322922' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:52 PM']That is stunning, a really unique bass. I can't tell you how tempted I am :)
Good luck with the sale
Chris[/quote]

Cheers Chris it is certainly unique and has a unique sound. Very thumpy but with a lot of clarity and attack, and with no woolyness at all. As I said in my other post it has an early Precision / EB-0 type sound all centered around the bass and mids with very little emphasis on the treble. It certainly doesn't sound like a Jazz.

I'm going to out myself here. This was built partly with me in mind - I provided the cheap, fretless part of the spec :) . The finished article is stunning as far as I'm concerned but it ended up slightly over budget and the build finished just as I was struggling to raise a bit of cash.

Paul has been his usual excellent self throughout this project, keeping me up to date with pics and making it clear that I was not under any obligation to buy the finished bass, it was never a commission as such.

I'm still hoping to raise the money for this - it probably deserves a better home than mine - fellow Basschatters grab yourself a stylish bargain while you can

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='323863' date='Nov 6 2008, 11:55 PM']Nice looking bass. I really don't know how you've done it for that price, I thought replacement necks cost that much.[/quote]

Maybe I should clarify that there are no Fender parts on this bass apart from the tuner ferrules.
I use the term "Jazz" in a generic sense and in no way wish to imply this is a Fender bass.
It is built from sourced quality parts with the body and neck built to my specification.
They are so inexpensive as I am using up parts before I start in a new direction with my own designs in the New Year.

[quote name='Prosebass' post='324996' date='Nov 8 2008, 09:13 PM']Maybe I should clarify that there are no Fender parts on this bass apart from the tuner ferrules.
I use the term "Jazz" in a generic sense and in no way wish to imply this is a Fender bass.
It is built from sourced quality parts with the body and neck built to my specification.
They are so inexpensive as I am using up parts before I start in a new direction with my own designs in the New Year.[/quote]

You have a PM :)

[quote name='Prosebass' post='324996' date='Nov 8 2008, 09:13 PM']{...} I start in a new direction with my own designs in the New Year.[/quote]
Hmm ... keep us posted. You've got some very nice stuff happening already. Particularly like the fretless Jazz with the ebony fingerboard and the transparent pickup cover.

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='325053' date='Nov 8 2008, 11:15 PM']Hmm ... keep us posted. You've got some very nice stuff happening already. Particularly like the fretless Jazz with the ebony fingerboard and the transparent pickup cover.

Andy[/quote]

Cheers Andy , the bass you refer to was fitted with a Mighty Mite Ebanol neck which I have found to be excellent quality and the pickup was a Q-Tuner
I will be building some more so keep your eye on the Bass Ads

Edited by Prosebass

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='323863' date='Nov 6 2008, 11:55 PM']Nice looking bass. I really don't know how you've done it for that price, I thought replacement necks cost that much.[/quote]

Just spent the last couple of hours noodling on the above bass and all I can say is that I'm asking the same thing. It really is an amazingly good bass for £175, in fact it would be a great bass at well over twice that price. The neck is lovely and the tone, far from being the rather bass-heavy and muddy thud I was expecting, is dynamic and, for want of a better word, surprising (helped no doubt by the rather unusual pre-amp). It's going to take me a while to get it set up to my spec but it's worth doing and I will thoroughly enjoy doing it. OK, I will eventually sell it, but that's the Beedster way after all (and I will not sell for any more than I paid), but I will have a lot of fun in the meantime.
I can highly recommend Paul (Prosebass), the bass arrived quickly and really well packed, the finishing is immaculate, and the styling is both unique and pleasing. A great bass
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='332688' date='Nov 19 2008, 10:10 PM']Just spent the last couple of hours noodling on the above bass and all I can say is that I'm asking the same thing. It really is an amazingly good bass for £175, in fact it would be a great bass at well over twice that price. The neck is lovely and the tone, far from being the rather bass-heavy and muddy thud I was expecting, is dynamic and, for want of a better word, surprising (helped no doubt by the rather unusual pre-amp). It's going to take me a while to get it set up to my spec but it's worth doing and I will thoroughly enjoy doing it. OK, I will eventually sell it, but that's the Beedster way after all (and I will not sell for any more than I paid), but I will have a lot of fun in the meantime.
I can highly recommend Paul (Prosebass), the bass arrived quickly and really well packed, the finishing is immaculate, and the styling is both unique and pleasing. A great bass
Chris[/quote]

Glad you liked it Chris and thanks for the kind words.

[quote name='BassKS' post='332899' date='Nov 20 2008, 10:03 AM']BEEDSTER STRIKES AGAIN!!!!![/quote]

Yes, soon I will own all the basses in the World and then you'll all be sorry when you're paying $20,000,000 for an Indonesian Squire. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha (all spoken in the style of Dr Evil :) )

[quote name='Beedster' post='332688' date='Nov 19 2008, 10:10 PM']It's going to take me a while to get it set up to my spec but it's worth doing and I will thoroughly enjoy doing it. OK, I will eventually sell it, but that's the Beedster way after all[/quote]

Well....should that involve a black pickguard , a badass and a Fender transfer don't bother with a 'for sale' ad when a pm will do the same job :) :huh: :huh: :huh: