Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Warwick Thumb NT 4 - 1993 Model With New MEC Pickups & Preamp
£1500

Bearfist

[b]£1400[/b]

My new Thumb is ready so am letting this one go.

This is a lovely bass in really nice condition, plays amazing and only 2 months ago i replaced the old pickups, electronics, pots and Jack socket with brand new parts (bought from Warwick direct), it really does sound incredible. At that point i wasn't planning on selling it so that cost me the best part of £500 to do, however you know how it is one thing lead to another and i ended up ordering a new build from the CS. The installation of everything was done by Mike at Zoot/Purple Chili.

Condition is very good i would say, a few small signs of wear as you would expect with a bass thats nearly 25 years old but nothing too bad, probably one of the best condition ones this old i have seen actually, probably the only thing of note is a small mark on the body that could do with some attention (pictured).

I'l ship this with an old hard case i have and freshly strung with a brand new set of DR's. Also i have a brand new set of dunlop strap locks il throw in that fit the flush mount ones on this.

I am not looking for any trades, need cash to pay for the new one, i guess i would consider trades where i got something and a large chunk of cash as il just sell on the trade...

[attachment=249577:IMG_3592 - Copy.JPG][attachment=249578:IMG_3593 - Copy.JPG][attachment=249579:IMG_3594 - Copy.JPG][attachment=249580:IMG_3595 - Copy.JPG][attachment=249581:IMG_3596 - Copy.JPG][attachment=249582:IMG_3597 - Copy.JPG][attachment=249576:IMG_3598 - Copy.JPG]

Edited by Bearfist

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1500804949' post='3340227']
Wow - that is a lovely bass!
[/quote]

Thanks! This one really is very nice.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1500805329' post='3340231']
OT really, but new CS order?! Look forward to seeing that!

This is a stunner :)
[/quote]

Yeah a new one (don't tell the wife!). I really like the new Thumbs, i got to play one recently and it was one of the finest basses ive ever played or heard so thats why ive had so much gear up for sale on here, its actually ready 3 weeks early so has caught me out a little, should be here Wed/Thur.

Its pretty much standard spec except the BEAD tuning.

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1500807183' post='3340240']
Thanks! This one really is very nice.

Yeah a new one (don't tell the wife!). I really like the new Thumbs, i got to play one recently and it was one of the finest basses ive ever played or heard so thats why ive had so much gear up for sale on here, its actually ready 3 weeks early so has caught me out a little, should be here Wed/Thur.

Its pretty much standard spec except the BEAD tuning.
[/quote]

Very jealous - a brand new CS Thumb! You prefer it to the SS2's then? Anyway I'm going off piste...Looking forward to the reviews when the new one arrives.

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1500809809' post='3340270']
Very jealous - a brand new CS Thumb! You prefer it to the SS2's then? Anyway I'm going off piste...Looking forward to the reviews when the new one arrives.
[/quote]

Never really had the pleasure of trying an SS2, i'm definitely more a fan of the Thumbs than any other Wicks really, will definitely post something when it arrives which is meant to be in the next 3 hours but annoyingly i have to go out in a minute so looks like i'l miss it today.

Bump!