Why become a member? ×

FS/FT ESP B-5E - EMG Upgrades - now £300 for quick sale
£450

Kev

Up for sale I have this wonderful instrument I took in a trade earlier this year. ESP LTD B-5E Neck Through bass guitar. Stunning instrument, and this one has been upgraded with EMG soapbar pickups and an EMG BQS Preamp [top range preamp, 3 band with mid freq control) at a cost of over £300 if I recall from the previous owner. Huge upgrade on stock electronics, its a very cool bass.

Specs:
[list]
[*]Neck-thru-body
[*]34" Scale
[*]Mahogany body
[*]Ebony top
[*]5-Piece maple/mahogany neck w/ebony fingerboard
[*]47mm standard nut
[*]Extra thin U neck contour
[*]24 XJ frets
[*]Black nickel hardware
[*]ESP tuners
[*]ESP BB-605 bridge w/string-thru-body
[*]Upgrade EMG Pickups and EMG BQS Preamp
[/list]
It appears the gloss version has now been discontinued, but here is the natural satin version at GAK https://www.gak.co.uk/en/esp-ltd-b-5-e-ns-natural-satin-5-strings/58923

Cost new approx £700 and EMG upgrades make this difficult to price, so i'v set £450 as a guide price. Incredible build for the money.

NOW REDUCED TO £300 FOR QUICK SALE, postage/petrol extra.

Selling as I no longer play 5 strings so it surplus to current requirements. Please note the battery is wired into the main control cavity rather than the battery holder, looks like battery snap supplied with preamp was not long enough to reach battery compartment.

Would prefer collection/meetup as only have a gig bag for this and little in the way of packaging at the moment. Trades considered for 4 string instruments only please. Would consider adding cash.

Pics show gorgeous woods and the very few marks in the finish it has around the control area.

Edited by Kev