Why become a member? ×

NBD

basshead56

Recent trade of my acoustic and a little cash

A mint (and I do meant mint!) condition 2006 American Standard Precision w S1 (has 50th Ann. Sticker on the back of the headstock too).

Such a beautiful bass. Not too heavy, gorgeous neck, immaculate frets and board and a typically vintage, thumpy pickup. Looks, feels and sounds just like a real P Bass should.
Build quality is flawless - a truly stunning instrument!!!
Strung with half rounds (never tried them before). I quite like them actually but might spring for some Sunbeams, will see.

It sounds stellar blasting through the SVT and fridge and I get some pretty cool old-school, Motown tones from it through the B100R's.
Running it through my MXR compressor with the output volume raised and the S1 switch engaged gives it a super funky, scooped slap tone also - quite usable actually. I remember liking the S1 on a Jazz I tried when they came out but never saw the point of them on the Precision. I do now!

I was originally after a Highway One or American Special so I wouldn't feel too bad about it being modded or getting dinged up a bit (plus the nitro finish means a bit of mojo would occur soon enough), but to be fair, this was too good a deal to miss out on. Most likely this and the Ray will be my go-to instruments for the foreseeable.

[attachment=245746:06P.jpg]

Very cool, although the S1 on the Precisions is probably the single most pointless 'feature' ever, great on the Jazzes though.
Rip that out and put an old PIO cap in there while you're at it ;)

Si